Okay. SO it's nearly midnight on Friday night and I'm home worried sick. Trev had planned a "surprise" weekend for me and we were both so excited. I was counting down the minutes at work when I got a phone call about 5pm. It was Trev and he was on his way to Nevada. Apparently, some of the fires are really bad out there. The Roches have a large amount of land and many cattle there. The fire can trap the cattle against the fence and literally, burn them (Don't worry..Trevor had to explain this all to me!). Since there are so many fires out there now, most of the firemen are caught up doing other things. In Trev's words, "you have to protect your own cattle b/c no one will do it for you!"
I was sorely dissappointed, but more scared to death. I've been watching the news and I see how dangerous those fires are. I did NOT want Trev to go, but I need to be tougher. Someone has to do it as this is their lives! So..I've just been worried sick all night. Cell phone service isn't great out there so I really don't know what's going on.
Sherri called me and said she was really worried too because neither of us had heard from him and in her words, "he really doesn't know what he's doing." He was supposed to call his parents when he got there. I am hoping Lamar is able to get out there soon. I'm SOOO nervous. Please say a prayer!

0 educated comments:
Post a Comment