Quick version of the story: Went in for a routine checkup. Doctor only heard one heartbeat on the moniter. Called for an u/s. Turns out, both babies had SAME. EXACT. HEART RATE. Pretty rare, but nothing at all wrong. This is why the doctor wondered if it was just one heartbeat. The u/s tech did a QUICK look at the genders. I was a little worried since Trevor wasn't there, but he assured me I should find out if possible. Treyson WAS there, playing in the u/s goop. He thought it was great.
So let me know what YOU think looking at these ultrasound shots. Sorry they aren't very clear. Picture of a picture obviously. Can you guess which is which? How sure are you? The U/S tech said at 17 weeks, she can only be 75% sure. This is why Trevor at first wanted to wait to tell people....but we'll see for sure Oct. 29.
BIG BROTHER WHO WEARS THESE BOOTS EVERYWHERE and HATES pictures: BABY B:
BABY A:
No matter what the genders are, we really don't have a preference. I know that sounds cliche, but it's really true. We're just praying harder than ever in our lives that things go smoothly, and these babies are able to come out HEALTHY.
Oh, and the tech thinks baby B is a boy and baby A is a girl. BUT, baby A is obviously a little more difficult to tell. It does look different than baby B's obvious man parts.Thanks for your excitement.
It makes US excited and worry less.
Okay, just me. Trevor doesn't ever worry. :)
28 educated comments:
I totally see a blonde logan in Trey's first pic! That is so crazy! We were just watching old family videos at your house... you have some mad junior high track skills and ryan was a punk... and as he says with 'pizza face'.
Ok, I have no idea how to tell.
We didn't find out what we are having.
By the pictures, I'm guessing Baby A is a girl?! Baby B is a boy?!
EEEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so excited for you.
I wish we knew for sure. I'd like to stop by when you are in town and give you some gifts for BABIES!!!!
Just 4 more weeks left for me. I can't wait! It's madness though. We sold our house and don't have a new house yet. We'll be staying with Dan's parents until we do. So nerve-wracking!!! Didn't you move right before or after you had Trey?! The stress is finally getting to me. I hope I don't freak out. LOL
Congrats again!!!
I want a better picture (from your camera) of the baby A.
Baby B is a boy. Baby A... that's hard to tell! Oh I'm SO excited for you!
two boys. for shizzle.
baby B...that one's so easy. baby A...totally can't tell! I see why you were feeling so torn in telling everyone...what did the US tech say?--girl? I guess we'll know for sure in a few more weeks!! yay!
B - Boy A - Girl!!! I think :) That's so exciting Andrea! Congrats!
I'm thinking baby B is boy and baby A is a girl? Or maybe that's just because I hope that's what they are? :) Can't wait to find out for sure! Hope you are feeling better!
Looks like one of each to me! Can't wait to hear if that's right or not. :)
its totally a girl, thats EXACTLY what ruthies looked like you can for sure tell! im so excited for you to have a girl
your ultrasound tech is 100% right!I've looked at SOOOOO many girl ultrasounds and baby A DEFINITELY has a labia(sp?). I'm looking at abby's ultrasound right now, exactly the same! and well, there's no mistaking boy for baby B! oh my word, how freaking exciting!!! congrats!
haha.. now i'm reading through the other comments on here.. safe to say they didn't read your whole post and to where it says what the ultraound tech said? haha!
aw! so perfect if that's what it is. at least that's what i would want...one of each. i can't wait to hear for sure, though. no matter what, you're definitely having another boy! perfect for treyson!
I would agree with the tech...but what the heck do I know!? How exciting for you!
looks like a boy and girl to me! SOOOOO AWESOME! that is perfection. Seriously a little jealous that you get to have twins!! :) But then I actually think about it and I have a heart attack! :) You will do awesome!
I agree with the tech totally. Even though the one is hard to see. i would guess girl. good luck!!
Ok...never mind my comment on FB. I should have come to the blog first! Yay! Congrats. So excited for you guys. And I'm thinking you have a boy and a girl from the looks of it. EEEKK. so fun!! Maybe we'll meet up in Kansas??? Only if you put on about 25 pounds though. I'm pretty sure I'm gigantic!
Definitely at least one boy...but it does look as if one girl too...you can rule 2 girls out of the picture! haha. I'm so excited for you either way, all boys, or a girl in the mix! Here's to a smoooooothhhh pregnancy and delivery (eventually)
ok, initially, before reading what the tech thought..i thought two boys.
but now knowing what the tech thinks, and looking back at the pic...i can see the "3 lines" of a girl in the pics. i just think that one, ahem, girl part, hasn't shrunk down to size yet (you know how they say those can be mistaken for a weiner early on?)
a boy and a girl...absolute perfection. i am so, so happy for you!!!!
Looks to me like you can bank on these babies being a boy and a girl! It will be nice to know for sure in a couple weeks! At least they aren't two girls and you can use treys clothes for the boy :) and then get new fun stuff for the girl!
How cute is trey?! We have a similar boot issue :) and yes we need a phone convo, much to discuss. Xo.
I'm so jealous! With one of each you might not have to deal with some of the sibling rivalry that comes with same sex babies!!
CONGRATS. This is very exciting news.
oh my goodness soo fun!!! I would bet A is a girl. Soooo BUMMER I can't send you any of my matching clothes :)
yea!!!! One of each. I have a twin brother and I loved it. I am so excited for you!!!.
Gina
Oh I am dying to find out for sure! Your babies will be gorgeous no doubt but I am dying to see you guys make a girl! Too cute!
Congrats Andrea! A boy AND a girl, how perfect! If I were to have twins that's exactly what I would want (not that you really have a choice in the matter). At least you only need to get girly stuff ;)
Andrea, congrats on everything. It would be very fun to have a boy and a girl but I couldn't even take a guess, even after having a baby can tell from those ultrasound pictures what anything is.
that's SO exciting!! I thought they were both boys, until I read more. I agree, either way would b fun!!!
Andrea! I am lame and so behind on your blog-but congratulations on TWINS!!!! That is so exciting!! You look amazing pregnant! I cant wait to see your cute babies!
Post a Comment