Wednesday, August 3, 2011

First Taste

Exciting mandatory milestone.

I actually wanted to wait a lot longer to give the girls cereal. The thought of another "task", more laundry and more pumping pretty much made me need xanax in bulk. But at nearly 5 months, I'm hoping a little rice cereal at night will end my 6 months of no sleep stretch. It probably won't because I still have a 2 year old who insists on waking up and playing with Buzz Lightyear at 3am, but at least 2/3 is better than none. Right?


So yes, we're still alive. Yes, we are happy. No, we don't do anything exciting besides yard work, housework, cow work, and kid work.


But, the kids are pretty sweet so all is well in Idaho.


poor lighting. great kids. tired mom.
Oakley. Wild, even while eating.

Reagan's face the whole time was hilarious.


The rice cereal went down without any breastmilk scares from Trevor. (If you're been reading this blog long enough, Trevor's first taste of breastmilk was at Trey's first cereal tasting. Pretty epic.) Oakley was more curious and more messy. Reagan, in true Reagan fashion, pounded it like her mom pounds oreos. I learned how crazy it will be to feed two hungry babies at once.

7 educated comments:

Steph said...

we posted a rice cereal pic (in a blue bumbo) at the same time. it looks like we also had a blonde older brother running around during the feeding. the only difference is that you were feeding two and looked like a million bucks while i was stressed just feeding one and sweating because we don't have ac in olympia ;)

Dedre said...

ahhh so cute!

it's nuts and so much work to start solids.

Treyson sounds like Ruby. It's killing me. she got up a few days ago at 4:30 and NEVER went back to bed. She went to bed at 9:00. WHY 4:30 she was wide awake? She's having a hard time going to sleep, I find her on the floor in her bedroom, or she's walking around crying in our house, or she walking around jabbering joyfully. So glad to hear your 2 year old is having random nights too :)

Katie&Greg said...

Way to go! :) They look healthy and happy. So do you!

Teryn said...

I love that picture of all 4 of you.. such a great, classic pic! yay for new milestones! I'm sure that some milestones they go through will definitely make things harder but at some point somethings gotta give and the new milestones will start making life easier... right? ;) Glad to hear you are happy.. you look like it!

Alisha said...

SO CUTE!!!

jenna said...

i love this post! you look joyful happy and you're all together as a family. warm warm fuzzies.

THIS age is by far my favorite! four-seven months is just to freaking die for.

Morgan said...

I'm so glad to see a picture of you with all 3 of them!