Parma is quickly becoming my other home. Who wouldn't love the smell of cows in the morning or the aroma of sulfur enriched water as you attempt to cleanse yourself in the shower? No really, I love the small town and it's close vicinity to Boise. I was able to spend a full week with Trevor and his family. I treasure those moments because it seems life just moves too fast.
We spent a day up in Riggins, Idaho rafting the Salmon River with one of Trev's old mission comps, and sisters. I had to admit, it was a bit scary at first, but SO fun. The rest of the week was spent shopping with the girls (I lasted a complete 2 hours and was pretty proud), and of course, the infamous Idaho State Fair in which the Roche show steers made their appearance. I have learned that though the fair is fun, I must bring a good book and a cold diet coke. Trevor even deemed the pink chair, my "princess chair." We really had a wonderful time.
Trevor and I had an interesting conversation about marriage. I do not, by any means, take the decision we are making to spend eternity together lightly. My sister in law, Kali Ponder, taught me something that really stuck with me. I have to be willing to give everything, even my stubborn independence, to my husband. This means trusting him completely to make decisions for not only my life, but my childrens' as well. This means trusting that he will lead our family in a way Heavenly Father would approve of. This means my COMPLETE faith and support. It was somewhat overwhelming, but my sweet fiance, assured my "fears." It is truly a wonderful blessing to know the man you will be with for eternity is a worthy, stalwart Priesthood leader. I have dated my share of jerks and liars, but what I have with Trevor is so real. I LOVE THAT!
We spent a day up in Riggins, Idaho rafting the Salmon River with one of Trev's old mission comps, and sisters. I had to admit, it was a bit scary at first, but SO fun. The rest of the week was spent shopping with the girls (I lasted a complete 2 hours and was pretty proud), and of course, the infamous Idaho State Fair in which the Roche show steers made their appearance. I have learned that though the fair is fun, I must bring a good book and a cold diet coke. Trevor even deemed the pink chair, my "princess chair." We really had a wonderful time.
Trevor and I had an interesting conversation about marriage. I do not, by any means, take the decision we are making to spend eternity together lightly. My sister in law, Kali Ponder, taught me something that really stuck with me. I have to be willing to give everything, even my stubborn independence, to my husband. This means trusting him completely to make decisions for not only my life, but my childrens' as well. This means trusting that he will lead our family in a way Heavenly Father would approve of. This means my COMPLETE faith and support. It was somewhat overwhelming, but my sweet fiance, assured my "fears." It is truly a wonderful blessing to know the man you will be with for eternity is a worthy, stalwart Priesthood leader. I have dated my share of jerks and liars, but what I have with Trevor is so real. I LOVE THAT!

2 educated comments:
Super cool! I am so glad that you found your man!! A real man!!!
Andrea...you're getting married!!! Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I randomly found you through Jenna Rammell's blog and I was so excited! By the way...this is Shalayne (Packer) Villarreal...I miss you girl!
Post a Comment