Sunday, October 7, 2007

General Conference

What a spiritual high General Conference leaves you with! I have always loved conference, but something was just different in me this time around. I found myself wanting to soak in every single word said. Thinking about becoming a wife and mother in the next year (or two!?) makes me thirst for more tools of which to use in raising children and creating a Christ-centered family.
Trevor was on a trip with his father to Iowa to pick up some cattle, but was able to listen to conference on the radio. We were texting back and forth like mad, sharing thoughts and ideas. I don't think my sweet fiance has any idea how much this meant to me. One thing he said tonight was "Remember the family Sister Beck talked about? YOU will have that family. You will love every day of your life" I LOVE THAT GUY!!!!
My favorite talk of the four sessions would probably be Elder Eyrings..OOPS..PRESIDENT Eyring (so cool!). I love the idea of recognizing God's blessings in your every day life. I need to be so much better at this. I can be so ungrateful. SO Here are some of the latest blessings in my life:

1) TREVOR JOHN ROCHE
2) An amazingly solid and loving family who sticks together through everything.
3) Sweet friends, the Fieldsteds who let me live with them for free till the wedding.
4) My 225 students who brighten each day with their laughter and love for life.
5) 24 Hour Fitness and my ability to expell hundreds of calories
6) My sister in Law Kali and our fun craft nights. :)
7) The gorgeous Fall leaves
8) The knowledge of temples and eternal families
9) My grandmother's pearls
10) The feeling only from studying the scriptures.

1 educated comments:

Steph said...

way to count your blessings! :) You're so sweet and you 2 are going to have the best marriage!