Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Uhhhh...Miss Ponder?


I am 100% convinced that teaching is the most entertaining occupation ever.

Example #1:
I have a student who I repeatedly have had to discipline for jokingly hitting on his young, blonde student teacher (aka me). He's a sweet boy and really just does it for laughs but I had to really come down strong last week. So now, he takes out his aggression on my poor, unexpecting fiancee. Said Conversation:

Girl student: Miss Ponder, what's your new last name going to be?
Me: Roche, like the bug.
Boy: Tell your fiancee, I SQUASH ROCHES.

Example #2:
As I was rushing out of my classroom after school today, two juniors who were not my students stopped me.

Mike: Miss Ponder, my friend has a question!
Me: Ok?
Other Boy: "No man, it's okay. I don't want to as her"
**At this point, I am fully preparing myself to answer some obscure, slightly embarassing sexual question. This occurs frequently as a HEALTH teacher***
Mike: JUST ask her...She's a health teacher. She knows this stuff!
Me: You can ask me any question! That's why I'm here!
Boy: Well, okay.....Well....How come people don't have diarrhea all the time?

Diarrhea. Apparently after 4 years of college, I am an expert on watery feces.

Lovely.

3 educated comments:

Steph said...

haha. I love that one of your students despises Trevor!! :) haha.

jenna said...

$50 and it's yours! callme 8017353417

Tim and Jennifer said...

love the teaching stories. I bet being a health teacher you have a lot of interesting conversations with your students!