Cows are now the center of my world.
Examples:
1. I expressed my desire to get pregnant around Trey's first birthday. Trevor quickly informed me this would mean a Fall birth. This, is not allowed, due to the fact it is shipping season and Trevor can not fit a small child nor a torn up wife in. Remember Treyson's birth, planned one week before calving season started? Well, his own week late delivery date caused Trevor to go back to work the day after birth, never to be seen again. At least, not till June. No way we could do that again with TWO.
2. Our anniversary is today. Trevor is out of town for a week on "bull business". Nevertheless, he DID take me out on Friday night. The first hour of our date was spent with him on the phone (I know all you summer sales wives can relate here!) discussing the purchase of a new heifer. Good thing we were in Deseret book and I kept busy buying Christmas presents!
3. Our anniversary overnight date was ended apruptly at 7am Saturday with Trevor's boss calling asking where he was. Might I add, his boss is his father. cough cough.
4. The best story. The other day, I overhear a conversation Trevor is having with a cattle buyer. The following line caught my attention, "Well we're talking a 35 in scrotum." No, this was not locker room talk. This was cow talk.
It might sound like I'm complaining, but truly, I find a lot of it humorous because it is as weird to me as anyone. This is why I share. It's easier to laugh. Though it does get REALLY OLD, I'm working on trying to fight it and instead, embrace this foreign life.
Oh ya, and Happy Anniversary Trevor. Life isn't AT ALL what I envisioned, yet, it oddly works. In his words: "Two years and still not divorced. I guess it's going well!"
And thanks for giving me the greatest gift of all,
Who is 10 months today.
and in honor of the day, refuses to nap.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Cowisms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 educated comments:
Happy Anniversary! Jeff just informed me he used 5700 cell phone minutes last month. I'd say about 5000 of those were with me in the same room. Awesome.
YAYAYAYA for making it through two years! Haha :) I love your posts. Funny how our lives never end up quite as we guess but then we slowly learn that they are the perfect lives for us, exactly what we need :) You guys are so cute. I think your life sounds like an adventure. Happy Anniversary and happy 10 months cute Treyson.
happy anniversary! I hope that you are ok with trevor gone. You are so cute, your wedding pics are some of my all time favorites! Seriously amazing!
aw! happy anniversary!! you two had one of the most beautiful weddings. i love looking through your wedding pics on FB. breathtaking. truly.
your posts always make me laugh and brighten my days. which is why you must never stop blogging, k? thanks.
happy 10 months mr trey!!
Happy Anniversary! Maybe you should just get pregnant now.. so you're ahead of the cow season?! Oh how I WISH I could plan pregnancies like that... I just take what I can get bc it's an absolute miracle when I actually DO get pregnant!
i love you funny girl.
oooh! did you say Deseret book????
hahaha your halarious... your honesty kills me your just too much
Happy Anniversary, you two. And I'm glad you clarified that the 35 in scrotum belonged to a cow. Whoo! I didn't know whether to congratulate you or be scared for you. :) I'm so inappropriate...
So cute! Isn't life funny? Happy belated anniversary.
Post a Comment