Sunday, November 15, 2009

Logan's Birthday


My little brother, Logan is living with us for his senior year. I guess I don't blog about him much, but there's not much to say! He's a great kid. He goes to early morning seminary, goes to school, goes to practice, comes home and eats and does his homework and goes to bed. I'm proud of his responsible nature and hard work. WE're just entering basketball season this week and my job as "bus driver" takes a double dose. It's worth the bussing to and from school and practice just to see this kid play. We're excited!

He recently celebrated his 18th bday. He feels like me about birthday (overrated) and made me promise not to do anything for it. I obviously, (as I do towards most of the things the men in my life tell me), didn't listen.

He was surprised. We had fun. Teenage boy parties are not stressful because, really, you don't have to do the crazy themed perfect birthday with matchy matchy cupcakes and decorations worthy of Martha.

Now, I don't know what your parties were like in high school, but Parma parties make me laugh. At one point, I went downstairs and found the teenagers SLOW DANCING. I about peed my pants laughing. I guess Kansas City is a little different than this small town.

That being said, I am grateful for such great kids around my brother and my family. It's refreshing and innocent and I love that!

5 educated comments:

Rachel Hagen said...

ummm... yeah, no way would there be kids dancing at my high school parties. good for him!

Ryan said...

Slow dancing was just a ploy for the game seven minutes in heaven that was taking place in the closet!! Boy have you really gotten that old that fast that the wool could be pulled over your eyes so quick!!! Kind a like mom who thought the clothes you wore the first day of highs school were really the clothes you wore all day, until you had her develop the pictures!!!!!! luv u;) still think the wool was over your eyes to something else behind the scenes:)

Mrs. Ponder said...

RYAN????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angela and Mike said...

haha, I like comment thread going on. Too funny.

Teryn said...

hahahaha! Love it! What a great big sister you are! You know, my parents moved to Fruitland when my little bro was in HS and his friends were the same way... just good, innocent fun.. mostly bc the girls kept them in check! so, good for Logan and his friends! (of course, I wouldn't have put it past a bunch of hormone driven teenagers to pull some wool over your eyes too..lol)