Past 24 hours.
Trevor calls.
"Andrea, I have good news and bad news. Bad news. I'm leaving the ranch in Nevada driving to the ER in SLC, because I cut my finger off"
"What do you mean you cut your finger off?"
"Well, a cow smashed it and it fell off, but I'm okay. They gave me some Morpine at the clinic in Wendover, I borrowed a car and now I'm headed to the hand surgeon."
"So your finger fell off and you're driving yourself while on morphine?"
"Well..uh...my finger is still hanging on by a piece of skin. It's not so bad. And the morphine didn't even work so I can drive"
"What's the good news?"
"Uh. Well, I pregged all the cows."
Isn't my life exciting?
The hand surgeon was able to sew his finger back on but it will look pretty messed up. Oh well. Good thing vanity isn't a major issue in the cattle business.
He then had to drive ALL the way back to the ranch in Nevada to load and pick up his semi and then, finally, he will head home.
I was up all night, and early this morning, waiting for his call to know he survived the trip back to the ranch.
He never called.
Maybe he died.
Upon his return, I plan on showering him with love and concern and then having a nice discussion regarding communication - esp when your wife is worried sick.
Here's to the important things- like fingerless husbands.
(If you want to see a really gruesome picture, let me know. It caused me to dry heave)
15 educated comments:
ummmm i totally need to see that! gross! Trevor is so legit!
oh my gosh, awful! i hate the not-knowing-feeling when your spouse doesn't call at a totally important time to call. haha. i always freak out. :)
i want to know more about your living in the country. i live in the city so it seems really romantic to live in the country. am i weird?
i want to see the picture!
Ha, that is such a guy thing to not think to call at a time like that. Patrick would've done the same thing. I can't even imagine how gross that finger must have looked...kind of makes my stomach churn just thinking about it. Oh, and by the way, the picture of you and Trevor on your anniversary (from the last post) is really cute!
I DEFINITELY need to see the pix... you should have posted it already!!! Men dont understand that they cause us way more stress then we do to them
I"m so sorry to hear about his finger...and your stress. Will he have full use? Pictures please.
he is driving HIMSELF. Trevor! Not great idea. Pain meds equal a little bit of loopiness. I hope it heals okay...
ah! haha.. I {heart} your cattle man stories :) Really though, I'm glad that he's okay and his finger survived!
Umm this is kind of a big deal? A cut off finger? Crazy. You are living the dream, Mrs Roche!
oh my gosh. not the smallest incident in the world. hopefully it wasn't his middle finger. that finger is pretty important.
Driving while on Morphine. Ugggg. Sorry you have to worry about him with no call. Bryan would not have call me either. I think it is just a guy thing. I would like to see the picture. Please post it.
Gina
oh my gosh!!! your stories are so crazy!! i know you never imagined these would be the stories you'd be sharing!
i need to see the pic. we just drove that drive and saw lots of livestock trailers. it wasn't very fun, and i can't imagine it being more fun with a lost finger.
Please put a pic on the blog!
I read this a while back. I still find myself laughing at the line "Maybe he died." I'm terrible! Or maybe...YOU'RE terrible.
Post a Comment