My dear friend wrote this on her blog, and I had to share it. It was powerful to me.
I've always struggled with the phrase "good enough." To me, it sounds like something must be lacking, or just barely meeting the threshold of what's acceptable. Good enough is ok for some people, but I wanted to be extraordinary.
Jennia (see J.Crew post below) and I were talking about this concept over creamy tomato basil soup in the MOA the other day, and she helped me see why "good enough" really is all you need. In 2 Corinthians 12, Paul repeatedly petitions the Lord to remove a "thorn in his flesh" - a weakness of some kind. The Lord's response in verse 9 holds the answer to my "good enough" dilemma: "My grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in weakness." Sufficient. Jennia explained that means adequate, ample, enough to fulfill every possible need. Is it everything? No. But is it enough? Yes. It is perfectly, exactly, precisely enough. Why should I care that I don't have anything left over, when I have all I need?
Thanks, J, for helping me see that "good enough" really is enough. More importantly, thanks for showing me that the only way I'll ever be "good enough" is through grace. My weaknesses exist, but they are made perfect through His strength.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Something to Ponder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 educated comments:
wow-this really spoke to me too. thank you so much for sharing.
I like this! Thank you!
P.S. I've been super bad at blogging and checking peoples blogs lately, but I got to worrying about you earlier today because I didn't remember seeing any updates from you in a while and so when I found that you had updated and I just missed it I was super relieved! I'm glad you are still alive! miss you!
this is nice thought.
and a clever title, considering your maiden name is ponder. hahaha. the things that make me laugh while drugged!
Post a Comment