Sunday, February 20, 2011

Prepare Yourself.

I hope these pics make you laugh as much as they did Trevor and me. Not ONE of my maternity dresses fits any longer. They are all WAY too short. Even this frumpy shirt/skirt combo left my gut hanging out, but hey, when you're THIS pregnant, you have a free pass. I even considered wearing my sweats to church......but, got vetoed.

And no, I'm not standing crooked, my belly just makes me really lopsided.

Here's to being the equivilant of 46 weeks pregnant,
and a cervix apparently made of cement.

27 educated comments:

Drew and Kat said...

This is seriously amazing! You are amazing...

You have earned these healthy babies, BIG TIME! =)

Hang in there...thinking of you...

Teryn said...

ok.. when the page first loaded all I saw was from about mid arm and up to your face and by the looks of how fabulous that looked (ie NO swelling, does NOT look like a pregnant face, at all), i DID NOT expect to scroll down and see a belly that size! WOW! Those girls are growing!! And that belly must be all babies since you are not swollen, anywhere! And I seriously BURST out in a laugh when I read the end.. "to a cervix apparently made of cement" lol! You crack me up! Come on babies.. join the world so we can all ooohh and awweee over how cute you are and give your mommy's body a break! Good job! I hope the next post is soon, very soon, and includes pics of those two girls!

Cathy said...

oh.my.word.

Cathy said...

and yet....you are so beautiful still

Tim and Jennifer said...

That is AWESOME! Finally your belly looks like you have twins- but the rest of you? Still skinny-minny. You are so beautiful! I am seriously so happy for you that you have made it this far and are still glowing!

Anna said...

You are still a long twig with a big big bump!! So excited to meet those little girls via your blog!!

Steph said...

I'm not laughing...I think you look great! Your girls are going to look back and LOVE these pictures someday. I love looking at my mom's and now that I'm a mom, I have a huge sense of gratitude towards her...so, just know that you'll get lots of thank yous someday ;)

And, I can't imagine how you feel getting dressed with a 46 wk equivalent belly...I nearly cried at church in my maternity dress because it was seriously halfway up my thigh every time I got up to chase Jack. I told Ryan I'm wearing leggings next week under my dress whether he likes it or not. ;)

Dedre said...

haha! you're soo cute! I SOOOOOO remember having that freakishly HUGE belly. I HATED that my shirts wouldn't go all the way over my belly. HATED my g's did the same thing! I seriously felt like my gut was hanging out all the time!

I am impressed you went to church. at 36 weeks, I quit going to church. It was WAYY to uncomfortable...AND...I didn't have a dress to wear! :)

I will DIE of laughter if you go until 37 weeks and 4 days. our friendship will for sure be unique!

Dedre said...

ohh and FYI...my face was ten times fatter than yours. you look great!

Ben N Nessa said...

Love it!!! You are gorgeous and when you get your flat abs and 6 pack back you'll be amazed at how stretchy your skin was! :) Xoxox

Jessica said...

You look gorgeous! Big belly yes, but everything else is so tiny. It looks like you would loose your balance.

I love it though!

Can't wait to see pics of those little girls!

BriANDaleen said...

Maybe there really is something to be said about "mumus" ;). I really hope for your sake those girls decide to come soon!

Stephanie said...

You look so cute...big belly and all!! I love it. But for your sake...I hope those girls make their arrival soon!!!

Brittany said...

Come on baby girls!!! :)

Ryan said...

YOUR HUGE!!!! If you laid on the floor, on your back, would you be able to get up by yourself!!?? Keep on incubating!

H Wilde said...

You look really good and healthy. Big yes but we knew that was going to happen. I'm so impressed you are still going. No complications and being bed ridden or hospitalized... those are things to be grateful for! I love how your shirts don't fit. I had the same thing and the last few weeks i didn't make it to church with my high blood pressure... so I can't imagine. Keep hanging in there (like you don't have a choice right lol), but I mean, as positive as possible.

Angela and Mike said...

Girl, you are a trooper. Those babies are fully cooked...I say they come THIS week. Wouldn't that be nice? You GO girl!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

omg i seriously just died! and laughed(but its alright bc you still look gorgeous!)

also- the rest of your body still looks teeny tiny! score!

pretty sure my face looks more pregnant than yours and im only 20 weeks.

also-trey's party was adorable! how did you pull off such an amazing fete being so preggers?! supermom.
brody has those coolest kid jammies too.

Lindsey said...

wow! i can't believe they haven't come yet! you are amazing!!

ps. i have that same 'family' frame :)

Mrs. Ponder said...

LOL. Ryan, spoken like a true Ponder. You are so hilariously funny. So, Andrea....try it while Dad is there to help Trevor get you up. YOU LOOK GREAT. Dad was right. You are amazing.

Unknown said...

How is it that you have not gained weight any where else? I love you. Can't wait for the babies to come out!!!!

Danny and Shalayne said...

I love you! seriously, your words make me laugh (about the cement cervix) but you look amazing for full term WITH TWINS!!! I am on the edge of my seat waiting :)

Melissa said...

You really look great!! Yes, you have not one, but 2 basketballs in your tummy, but everywhere else looks thin! How in the world did you manage that? I bet from behind no one can even tell you are pregnant!

jenna said...

i seriously can't say it enough...you're like born to grow babies! text you a couple times to check on you, hope all is wellllll.

know we're thinking of you here!

Alisa said...

oh my goodness, love these pics! thanks for sharing! you're amazing!

Lindsey S. said...

I think you look fabulous!! I know I say it a million times but I just love the fact that they are still in there. I know you might be thinking other wise right now but I'm loving it!

Tara said...

holy crap. you were made to have babies. you look fantastic...no swelling, no puffiness, you are skinny everywhere...that belly is just ginormous!