Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cure for All Boredom

R - You have all of a sudden BLOOMED. (I think it was MiMi's visit!) You are still the sweet, content one; but now, you have this sense of humor. You imitate EVERYTHING and never stop smiling. You wave. It's the sweetest, and you can play peekaboo. Sometimes you get this really soft, raspy voice and say "Babababa" over and over. It melts people. You want your mom to hold you every second and honestly, she loves it. You are getting those two little top buck teeth and they're already funny to me. You still don't crawl much, but I know you CAN. Perhaps this is a life lesson to me, if you don't exercise, you will be fat - because fat you are.
O - You are secretly a 8 year old child in a 8 month body. You are curious. Pensive. ALWAYS getting into something. You are tougher than nails -esp. when your older brother gets furious at you for touching his toys. The same brother whom you look exactly like - with a bow. You play hard. You sleep hard. You eat with the most determination I have ever seen. We laugh at that. Every. Single. piece. gets in your little mouth. You would rather be put down and left to play independently. I often wonder WHAT is going on in that little, smart head of yours.
T - Oh my little man. The neglect continues, but you take it so well. Sometimes, I'm hard on you. Especially since hitting O when she gets into your toys is your new pasttime. You have to go to timeout for "two minutes" and ever so conveniently, decide to "accidentally" POOP YOUR PANTS every single time. Anything to get out of time out (and drive mom batty). I'm hard on you sometimes. I'm sorry. You have so much love and often repeat the words "I love you so so much". You love to imagine. You love to line up all your animals and put them thru the chute. You think everything with a spire or tower is a temple. You want to be with your dad every second. You are so special. Heavenly Father made YOU the big brother because He knew only you could handle the load.
If you want to never be bored, have 3 kids. These little gems keep me going each day - even if it usually means not showering till 11pm.

We aren't doing anything special right now. Trevor works long hours. We try to get through the day sans Prozac and pooping our Lightening McQueen underewear. We don't go many places.

Some days are fabulous and I want to bottle them up and never forget. Other days, I want to end faster than you can say "CAILLOU IS THE MOST ANNOYING SHOW ON TV".

I'm trying so hard to not take anything for granted. Life is really good right now. Not always easy, but good. How could it not be with these children? Seriously, WHO made these kids?

6 educated comments:

Mrs. Ponder said...

You describe these little angels so perfectly. And that picture of Reagan? It's her momma. 100%. Love the top teeth. We knew they were coming, didn't we!? Love you. Miss you.
I wonder if Obama has a plan for an unemployed, homeless Mimi living in Idaho?

Jessica said...

Your kids are amazingly beautiful. All those blue eyes, wow, I would just stare at them all day!

Cathy said...

Wish you lived close by. Tofer and Trey would be super buds. And Charlie would be in love with your girls. And you would make me laugh all day and inspire me to actually get ready on occasion so I would look cute too :)

Unknown said...

Aggg! Your kids are soo cute!!

Steph said...

Caillou...oh my gosh. I feel your pain-Jack LOVES it. R, O, and T are all adorable and I wish our small towns were one in the same because I would love to have a neighbor like you. But, I remember commenting on one of your posts saying how I was jealous of your small-town life, so I guess I learned my lesson...be careful what you wish for :)

I can't wait to compare small town stories and watch our babies grow...btw, from the sounds of it, Julia and Reagain should be twins ;)

Courtney said...

You make me laugh so much.
I know we didn't know each other super well when we were both living in Santa B, but I wish we did. You have the best humor ever and I'm totally relating to all the stuff you blog about! Minus the farm life bit. ha!