Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Weekend Away

Before I went to work on Friday, Trev and I were talking about how nice it would be to get away for the weekend. When I got home, Trev told me to pack my bag because we were going on a shopping weekend in SLC and to see my brother and sister in law. It was such a nice surprise and SO nice to get away to the warm (in comparison to Rexburg) Utah weather. I REALLY needed some new clothes bc (for once) I lost weight and everything is too big for me.

We did a lot of fun things. We went to eat at Maddox in Brigham City. This place is SO fantastic. The turkey steak with pink sauce looked and sounded sketchy to me, but now Trev has me hooked.

Friday night we stayed at my brother and sister in laws', and talked and watched THE SIMPSON MOVIE (stupid). It was so good to see them. I miss my brother terribly living away. We've always been together!

Saturday was shopping day. Trev totally spoiled me. We didn't end up getting too much because I can never find clothes I like. We hit up Nordstrom Rack, Urban Outfitters, Anthro, etc. I got new Shox so I can achieve my running goals and a few other things. I needed a new tote for teaching and got this beaut I've been eyeing.
We also had lunch at Tucano's. YUM - I'd go just for the fried bananas and grilled pineapple.

We played Settlers of Cataan with Ry and Kali on Sat night. I was surprised how much fun that game is and how addicting it was! We stayed up so late playing and only took one break for Coldstone (I don't know how I ate so much that day!). And, for the record, I schooled Trev at Settlers.

It was a wonderful weekend and I love my husband even more for recognizing I needed it. I miss Utah (Never thought I'd say this...) so much! Thanks Ryan and Kali!

3 educated comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! I'm glad you got to go shopping and see your fam, how fun!

Drew and Kat said...

Trevor has really been pulling through!! How fun!!

Drew sold his Ford Explorer and we got the new car... I guess that technically means it is his...=) I will stick with my XTerra, since its safer and I have a much higher probability of crashing!

I am actually going to Utah next week, and am having a shower...I wish you guys were still there!! How are you adjusting to Idaho...?! =)

Mrs. Ponder said...

I'm so sad that I wasn't there! Love Mommy