Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Up and Running Ramblings




For those were so concerned (uuuh..my mom?), we now have FULL service internet and this means the blogging and updates and pictures can ensue. That is, if I can find my camera cord. BLAST. (Yes, I'm a hot mess). We haven't had real internet in over two years. We've just picked up the city's, unreliable, unexistant, wireless. It was free, but it never worked. I spent more time walking around with my lap top, trying to pick up signal than I would like to admit.

SO more soon.....Life is good here. Trevor is nearing the end of busy season (June can't come fast enough). If anyone would like to come help brand calves, I would love you forever! I want the dang thing finished. Treyson is walking and getting into everything. I wish he would say more words, but he has full convos with you in his special language. I need a translator.

I am reading. I go through phases where I read everything I can get my hands on. If you need a few good books, read "These Is My Words" or the UGLIES series. So good. I have also been running a lot. I am a horrible runner. I probably look like a fool, but I feel good after. Yesterday, I almost was run over by a tractor. Not kidding. And as a result, I learned, my bladder will never be the same post-Treyson. My ovaries are calling. But, we're waiting for a few reasons. My dad came to visit. My little brother is going to BYU Provo to run (Jump!) track. Next Wednesday, Treyson and I are flying to Kansas for TWO weeks. I almost feel guilty for leaving Trevor, but not THAT guilty! So excited. If anyone has tips for flying with a 15 month old, please do share.

Here are a few snaps from the point and shoot. (It was WINDY!)Hanging with Papa.

7 educated comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

That first pic is my fav! How have you been living without reliable internet? Oh geez, that would be the worst.

Cathy said...

I JUST bought "These is my Words". A recommendation from a friend. I'm totally excited to read it. Glad to hear you love it too and GLAD to see you up and running again. I was getting blog-bored! :) Yours is one of my FAVES!

Also, JUST flew with Tofer and was scared to death he would be horrible. If you can fly JetBlue it's totally worth it. Lots of leg room for them to stand by your feet and the tvs on the backs of the chairs are heaven.

I also went to Walmart to the specialty toys or whatever row that has cheezy little things that spin and light up and mushy balls and little cars and whatever random sketch things and got a tiny backpack and a bunch of those toys and filled it up. Dont' let him see the toys beforehand. Then I took em out one-by-one. It was a 3.5 hour flight and he didn't even get through the whole bag. Spent a lot of time poking his head around smiling at passengers, eating snacks (another must), watching tv, playing on the floor and trying to sneak away in the aisle. So it worked well.

Liz said...

flying tips: ice in a cup. dum-dums (for the ears and entertainment). lots of snacks. if treyson likes cars like my boys do, bring a couple matchbox cars. when calvin was that age we flew from boston to portland, a 5 1/2 hour flight, and he rolled the cars from tray to tray for more than half the time. just a few things that work for me.

have fun in ks! i miss that place.

Teryn said...

I've read and LOVED "These is My Words." SUPER GOOD! I think there is a second book called "Sarah's Quilt" or something like that, but I haven't read it yet. I just got done with "The Secret Life of Bee's".. pretty good.. i want to see the movie. I need another book so I'm going to check out the hunger games series :) LOVED your update and am SO glad you've got internet again.. I love your blog :)

Mrs. Ponder said...

YIPEEE! Kali and I were just talking last night! We can't believe you were so patient with that old internet! We agreed we would have some damaged laptops had we had the same experiences you have had to suffer with. Welcome to the real world, baby! I expect MANY photos.

jenna said...

ovaries are calling?!

Tara said...

trey always looks so darn happy