I am pregnant.
I am pregnant with twins.
I am NOT joking.
I wrote a long post about how I feel, but decided to delete it all. I am just in complete shock. Utter comatose shock. No there are no twins in our families. No I am not on any fertility treatments.This possibility was not even on the radar.
It's still very early and who knows what will happen, but I chose to tell everyone because I don't want to live in fear. (Even though that is all I feel right now.) The twins are measuring right. Have strong heartbeats and are in the "ideal" position (seperate sacs/placentas). We know whatever comes our way, we will need support.
We are due March 19. Trevor is happier than I have ever seen him. Treyson wonders why his mom is so lame and always sitting by the toilet. I am....in shock and so sick.
All I can tell you is that I have such a strong testimony of Heavenly Father's divine Hand in each of our lives. There have been things, so specific, which have happened to our family this past year. At the time, I never understood a thing. Now, it makes sense. Whatever happens. No matter how hard or sick or happy things get, I know that we are watched over and being molded into the best Sons and Daughters of Him. This experience will cause Andrea to grow more than I ever bargained for.
We are blessed.
(And perhaps, going to need a LOT of counseling)
Thank you for being our friends and family.
We love you all.
Please send diapers.
{PS did anyone read my post awhile ago about "family planning"? Lesson learned. Life has no plans.}
ADDENDUM: To those of you who have called/texted/came by/etc. PLEASE forgive me if I don't get back to you right away or forget or just don't call you back. It is NOT personal. I am just so tired and so sick and trying to chase an 18 month old around. For some reason, it's easier to just blog or email than tell the same story a thousand times while barfing. (i did get a new nausea prescription. fingers crossed)Forgive me. Thank you for your love.
45 educated comments:
I wish I had your number right now!!!!!!!I want to call you and congratulate you!
I wish I lived closer and I could hug you and watch your son so you could have some rest!!!!!!!
TWINS!!! WOW!!!
Call it Mommy Instinct, but I have a had a feeling you are pregnant. Can pregnant women just sense that or something?!
You are such a great Mom! Your family is so stinkin cute. I am very happy for you Andrea!!
Now, just move back to KS so I can be there for you!
CONGRATS!!!
WHAT?!! Oh my gosh!! Andrea...Congratulations!! I LOVE twins!! I'm so sorry you're so sick. I wonder how far I am from you, maybe I can drive out and play with Treyson for a few days so you can rest. Well you can call my mom whenever you need, she'll have great advice for having twins.
ps: i just tried calling you. i have no idea if i even have your right number anymore. so, if you didn't get my message some random guy probably got it instead. let me know if i got the right number! thinking of you lots!
OMG!? I feel like this is a joke, but wow... i would be in shock too! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. I'm sure its going to take a while to get used to the idea-- I guess that's why it takes 9 months : ) CONGRATS! you'll do great.
oh my gosh! That is crazy! COngrats though! Absolutely crazy but so so so fun!
Holy moly! Congratulations! You can do it!
Read your blog title:
Don't forget to breathe. Feel love.
I KNEW IT!
Ahem, please see my post comment on your blog dreams....HA!
I LOVE IT. Twins. Dude, do twins run in your family?? How did this happen???
CONGRATS!
Oh and ps - we will be due around the same time again- hahaha - except I will be a month or so ahead of you this time. FUN! Let the good times roll.
YAY! I am so excited for you. I have secretly always dreamed of having twins.
Andrea-- YOU can do this!!!! Wow. Oh my gosh. I'm in shock. I am so happy for you. What a special blessing. Let me tell you, I had such a hard time in the first month but things are already rolling along now. You will receive help, your family will grow closer than you can even imagine. I'm cheering for you!
AHHHHHH! I am so excited for you! The second I saw that ultra sound I new it was twins! I can't lie my mouth was wide open! I'm sure you have a bunch of different emotions but you are going to do awesome. My brother and his wife had a 2 year old when there twins were born too, but they were invitro. I can't believe it, but I am thrilled and so excited for you. Twins are so fun! Yay! I love it! Congrats!
I really hope you get feeling better soon. I'm going on 29 weeks and it really is much different being pregnant when you have another little one to watch. Plus I think this boy is going to be way bigger, I feel so much bigger at this point then I did with Bailey. I wish you lived here and I would come help you all the time!
congratulations! you know i'm a fan of twins;) you're going to handle all of this and handle it well, too. promise. plus, treyson will love having two extra playmates around and once they can move around they will all be entertained for hours! good luck and i hope you feel better soon.
Congratulations, Andrea! That is crazy exciting. Treyson is so stinkin cute, he will love having 2 little sibs around. Good luck with everything...love reading your blog, btw. :)
Hey Andrea! I love checking in on your blog because I love your outlook on life. You have such a great attitude /sense on humor/perspective.
Anyway I just wanted to say CONGRATS! I'm sure you are feeling so overwhelmed--what an exciting/crazy thing. Twins. ah! But I love what you said in your post--you are exactly right. Heavenly Father knows us and he has his own plan for us--never what to expect. But I'm certain he blessed you with this because you are a amazing mother now, and you will be a wonderful mother to those twins.
I'm so jealous. I've wanted twins so badly. I even ate a ton of yams while trying to conceive. Everybody said wait until your first, but now I want them even more. You're going to do great!! I'm so excited for you guys. Hopefully you'll get feeling better...
AHHHH~!!!!! How exciting!!!! Huge congratulations!
So sorry to hear you are not feeling well!! Glad you were able to get a trip in before you got so sick!!! Take care of yourself, so excited for you!
Yay!! I just responded to your message on facebook, so I won't say much here (it's more like a novel than a message... oops!) But you will have so much fun and do so great! I really hope the sickness gets better with your new prescription. Best of luck.
NO WAY! MIke is going to be so jealous...he totally wants twins! We have quite a few sets of twins in the family and those babies were sooo good and just entertained eachother. So, here's to hoping you have 2 beautiful babies that entertain eachother and are the easiest babies on the planet!
I know you are stressed and feeling lousy, and I'm so sorry. I am pretty excited for you though :)
PS those are the cutest little peanuts that I HAVE EVER SEEN :) How far along are you?
OMG!! I second what Jessica said...even though we weren't close in high school I feel like as mom's we have a special bond and I wish we were closer to help, even just watching Trey for a few hours so you can have some rest. I was SOO sick with Jalen, like puking for 24 weeks straight and tried several different meds until finally it was under control enough that I could at least function at work and hold the puking to only the morning and evening (not at work). I was just thinking the other day that I wanted to start trying for a 2nd baby but can't imagine what it would be like if I'm that sick again but have a toddler now to take care of too....and if it were with TWINS on the way! wow. I will be praying for strength, rest, peace, and less puking!! I know that's about the best I can do from so far away so if there is anything more specific you'd like prayer for shoot me a message! oh, and CONGRATS!
In. Shock. SO happy for you!! Seriously, this is awesome. I'm sorry you're so sick. You are amazing!
oh my goodness!!! congratulations andrea!!! so excited for you guys :)
OH MY GOSH!!! CONGRATS!!! I'm sure you are in shock...I'm in shock, but SO happy for you. We're due about 2 weeks apart. I love being a twin and know you will love having twins. I can't wait to follow your experience on the blog and am praying that you feel better soon!
I hear you on the sickness! That was all too recently for me.. so I still remember the misery! Remembering WHY I was sick did help deal with it (a little) :) Gosh, I gasped when I saw that ultrasound, before I even read the post below... knew just what I was looking at! I can only imagine the excitement, overwhelmed, nervous, happy, crazy emotions you are feeling right now! CONGRATULATIONS! I love your perspective about how Heavenly Father know's us and helps shape us. You are going to do great! Surely, it's going to be a challenge, but you can do it and Treyson will be a great big brother helper :)
TWINS ARE THE BEST...I speak from experience! So excited for you guys!
ANDREA! I can barely contain my excitement! You're lucky that you found out now rather than at 20 WEEKS! Haha! At least you'll have a whole 7 months to prepare! You're going to be such an awesome mother of THREE and I am so looking forward to reading about all your experiences as a mother of twins!
Wow!!!! Congrats! I too am in shock! There seems to be an epidemic of twins going around ;). You'll do great, and sorry you're so sick! (sorry that was a lot of exclamation points)
Holy crap!!! Congrats!!! I think there is a trend of twins going on here, Steph is pregnant with twins too. She's been really sick, they put her on Zofran.
That's so exciting, so happy for you!! Just remember, He gives us what we can handle!
Wow!! Congrats! That is wonderful. I hope you get feeling better soon.
oh. my gosh. how was that drs appointment when you found out that you were having twins? i bet that's a great story! congrats.
oh twins.. i wish you knew how often i think of mine. i am so happy for you. i know it seems overwhelming, but it wouldn't be happening if HF knew you couldn't handle it. you can, and you'll feel so happy. congrats, andrea. you're going to do great-- we're having babies so close!
How exciting!!! My jaw dropped when I saw that picture!! Crazy how life happens. Yes, Heavenly Father knows what's best for each of us. I'm so sorry you are sick. Hopefully it ends soon. Twins are are so much fun. It is so different in so many ways than just having one at a time. The 1st couple years are the hardest (at least they were for me) but the pay-off is so much fun! I can't wait to hear all about your pregnancy and babies. I hope you keep blogging!
there are a ton of bright sides...but my favorite is that you're eating for three! :) Once you get over wanting to kill yourself and every morsel of food.....live it up!!!
congrats. we are so freaking excited for you guys.
I don't check your blog for a few days and I miss the best post ever. Congrats! I'm sending you my love and prayers!
Oh my goodness girl what a shock! YOu are going to have one wild, fun, crazy ride ahead of you. I can tell you are a good mama so things will be great even through all the chaos. Hope you get feeling better soon so you can enjoy the time you have left with just Treyson!
P.S. Now you can go shopping at F21 for maternity clothes!! FYI H&M has maternity too if you are near one. Super cute and super cheap
oh my gosh!!! so exciting.. and scary, but i have always wanted to have twins they are like a two for one!
Oh lady congrats! Deep breathes - and dont be ashamed - I would be in shock too! As cute as that little boy of yours is I am excited to see your new babes. You will do the job right! Best wishes!
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been gone and just checked your blog, im shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so excited and scared for you!but more excited
Andrea holy cow! Congrats I'm excited for you and I'm crossing my fingers everything goes well. You will do great!
I cannot wait to meet them (even if it is via the blog)! Their big brother is one of the most gorgeous boys i have ever seen, so i'm sure they will follow suit.
Congratulations and hang in there with the sickness.
Wowsa! You seem to be handling such (great? surprising? shocking?) news far better than I would have! Hope you start feeling better soon and that the rest of your pregnancy continues to be uneventful. Congratulations!
Wait... WHAAAT??!?!? Since I had Cason, I have been slacking on the blogging world and MAN was this the best surprise everrrr. Wow. Congrats!! I could not even imagine the whirl wind of emotions. I am going to check your blog daily now for updates. Ill pray for you... barfing sucks.
AHHHH!!! YAY!!! Congrats!!! THat is so uber exciting! I just called you...I hope I have the right number...? love you! THinking about you!
Post a Comment