Tuesday, August 24, 2010

ouch

I'm in a lot of pain. Not going to lie. Every single one of my facebook statuses lately has something to do with barf. It's all I do. Treyson now runs around the house making barfing sounds. WE're struggling with talking, but barfing noises? He's an expert
The thing about being sick, in any condition, is the emotional toll it starts to take. Waking up, every. single. day. and feeling awful. Not being able to sleep bc your throat hurts so bad from stomach acid. It's like....hell. But, being sick means those babies are still in there cooking, and for that i am forever grateful. It has also strengthened my relationship with my mother in law and husband more than anything, as I have to literally depend on them for EVERYTHING. I am grateful for that.

I've had quite the "series" of unfortunate events. Which, honestly, are somewhat humorous to me. Perhaps this is TMI, but hopefully, you will find it as funny as me.

I went on Zofran (an anti-nausea). It sort of worked. I got so constipated, I developed horrific hemmorroids which bled so much I thought I was having a miscarriage and hurt so bad I couldn't sit down. literally. I developed a horrible hacking cough which keeps me up all night leading to further exhaustion. They think I'm allergic to Zofran b/c of the coughing. I have to stop using zofran (no other anti nausea med works for me). I start puking every hour again, and coughing, and sore throat and headaches from the puking all continue. I lose 7 lbs in 2 weeks. I puke so hard my body aches and I often pee my pants WHILE puking (you contract a LOT of muscles! haha) THEN, I wake up the other morning with pasted shut eyes. Goopy nastiness. Turns out, I have blown up tons of blood vessels in my eyes. It hurts


Exhibit A:


.
(yes. I do have make up on. I had to take treyson to the doctor and makeup is my only help at this point!)
I really can't wait to see what is next. What orface of my body will fail me?
As sucky as this is, I can't help but laugh! The adventure has started with a bang FOR SURE.
SO grateful for my relatively healthy life pre-pregnancy. Something I will never take for granted again!

15 educated comments:

Alisa said...

oh Andrea!! You're such a trooper! I pray for you, I do!

Megan and Mike said...

OH MY GOSH your eye is HORRIBLE.... im soooooooooooo sorry! having nausea is the worst i rememberit like it was yesterday! keep being strong i hope it ends soon with your second tri-mester!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kali said...

I wanted to puke when you showed me that last night. Sick. Sick. Sick! That is what happens to me when I puke my guts out with a migraine. Although those are a lot less frequent than your everyday multiple Xs a day experiences. So Sorry Andrea! Hang in there. You are doing a good job! Don't get discouraged!

Are you still coming in Oct.?

Lindsey S. said...

That looks so painful. I got pink eye a while back and it got really red and what I thought was super red but it's now nothing compared. I'm so sorry girl. Still wishing I lived by you so I could come help! We'll pray for you instead.

Ms. Green Eyes said...

I am so sad for you. But I am glad you can laugh. I'm laughing a little, too. But hoping I don't ever have to do what you're doing.

Becky said...

yikes andrea, so sorry. hang in there. hopefully trimester 2 will be much better for u

J & J said...

oh my gosh i cannot believe you eye! i am so sorry! you are a trooper my friend, keep it up!

don't worry, i didn't think twice about your comment, i was just conversing back. i have no idea what i'm going to do.. i just can't imagine having TWO cribs (without having twins), you know? my friend dale made a comment under yours and it got me thinking. i don't have anxiety about it YET... BAH i'm sure i'll figure something out. either way, goldie is getting a new room and i'm at least excited about that!!

hope you're feeling better... i mean i know you aren't, but i'm sending good vibes your way.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Ohhhh Andrea. That's all I can say. I'm left speechless. Hope you feel better at some point in the near future....

Liz said...

i have nothing else to say. i think about you every day!! i hope it slows down soon.

Teryn said...

I'm glad you can sort of laugh about all this... but let me say this; I know how MISERABLE I was with both of my pregnancy's... laying on the floor, curled in a ball, trying not to move bc it would instantly send me to go puke in the toilet. My stomach always hurt, the nausea would wake me up in the middle of the night and I would find myself sleep running to the toilet.... but what I experienced seems to not even be HALF what you have experienced this pregnancy and I cried through mine. So, I truly feel for you! I hope you can get SOME relief soon! I'm sorry you're allergic to zofran! ugh. If it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger... right? ;)

Cathy said...

OH. MY. WORD.

Is there no justice in this world? Expect a lot of blessings for this, then!

You poor thing. I can't believe it. The fact that you are able to laugh through this at points just put you on my favorite people list.

Amazed. Hang in there.

Sorenson family trio said...

You poor Girl!! I can't imagine how miserable that would be. I hope the second tri-mester is better!!

Angela and Mike said...

Ugh, it just sounds so miserable. I can only hope that you are closer to the point where you begin to feel better. and YES depend on others and get all the help you can with trey. SO bad. Really, pregnancy should NOT have to be that hard...I'm pretty sure you would still love those babies even if you never had to throw up. Lame!

Alisha said...

I'm sorry Andrea!! You are amazing! Those little babies I'm sure are grateful for the fact that you are puking your guts out for them!! LOVEYOU!!!

Taryn said...

oh my goodness.. I'm soo sorry! I was sick for like 6 weeks, on the couch feeling like death, but I never did puke my guts out! my heart ACHES for you. But you are right, the blessing is your babies are still in there, growing!