My inability to get a good picture of Treyson proves a few things:
1. I will not join the masses of mom photographers any time soon. (I wish!)
2. My camera got wet and barely functions.
3. Treyson hates pictures and literally RUNS when the camera is pulled out.
sigh. OH well, at least it reflects his personality.
If you care to know....
Treyson has been giving me a run for my money lately. No worries. I still plan on keeping him, but he has developed QUITE the energy and opinion. The child NEVER stops. He also has started throwing fits. It makes me feel so sad. I think a lot of stems from his frustration in his inability to communicate. WE're working so hard on vocalizing needs, but it's not working. Yes, my child struggles with an area of development! HOLY! Should I be admitting this on a blog?
We're calling in the big dogs and he's starting speech therapy this month. His father did not speak till he was 3, and now I can't get him to shut up. SO no worries! It's genetic. :) (Kidding. Trevor is loud, but I like to hear him talk).
Despite his inability to speak human words, he does think he is a dog...or a cow....or a lion...or various other animals depending on the hour. His animal sounds are out of this world. He also changes his own diapers, uses the toilet occasionally, and runs extremely fast despite his flat feet (guess he'll never join the army...). He sings Popcorn Popping and Once There Was a Snowman with full out interpretive dance moves. He spends hours on the 4Wheeler w/dad or grandpa. He wants to wear his red irrigating boots every day. He kisses the "babies" (my huge gut) every night. His favorite is dad. Hands down. When dad goes out of town, Treyson becomes violent and grouchy. Oh, how boring mom is. He still hates to eat and at 24 lbs, is still a fairly little sucker, but with a mom at 5'8 and a dad at 6'4....we're not too concerned he will be a midgit.
But, when he's tired, a whole different child emerges. He's the best cuddler in the world...if you don't mind feet in your hair. He also kisses non stop. Like every body part on complete strangers. It's sort of awkward in a nice way. His blonde hair gets blonder and blue eyes bluer daily. We're very grateful to continue the production of the Aryan race (that was a joke. I, in no way, agree with or promote the ideas of Adolf Hitler).
So there's an update on the little man. I fear he'll be forgotten in the madness which is sooner than later to arrive. You would like Treyson. Come visit! I'll even let you see my now 4 in roots! (I measured)
11 educated comments:
oh my gosh you always make me laugh soooo hard. you are so funny. leave him alone about speaking. give him a break he is trying to analyze life ok. my nephew has to go to speech cuz he has a lispth... and me and my sister are made we think its cute.
So cute! About his behavior, Kyle got so much better when he could talk too. Can you imagine wanting to communicate something and not knowing how? Ugh. So hard for you as the mom too. I'm glad you documented about him. He'll love it years from now. So sorry about the freezer.
Want to bet whose roots are longer?
Thank you for this wonderful post. Ahh, how I miss my little man. And you failed to point out that Treyson DOES talk. He talks 90 miles a minute and has repetitive intelligible sounds....just a language that one has yet to identify on this earth. Last night he called me four times on Aunt Katie's cell phone and just talked and talked and talked. I'm not sure what in the world he was saying or if he really knew who I was....except for the part when he said that he really misses his Mimi and Papa and wonders why his parents won't let him come to KC.....
And speech therapy? Hey why not? It gives you both something to look forward to: A visitor!! LOL
Oh, and roots are cool.It's the new rave.
:) you're a funny girl! as for the speech..been there. My first talked like a champ, my second not til she was three. And then it was soo hard to understand. I did put her in speech. It helped, but it could have been that she just got older and it came too her. She hasn't been all summer and her speech continues to get better. Soo I wouldn't worry too much about Treyson. I bet he will sooner than you think. He's only 18 months right. Seriously it looks like maybe he's too busy working on other skills to worry about speech.
I want to see pictures of this supposed "huge gut"!
you really do have one adorable little boy. I know Jack is only one, but he's not very verbal either...is it a boy thing?
brady is the same way with talking. he doesnt say a WORD. well, mama and dada and thats it. like treyson though, he makes every animal noise in the book. our pedi wont start speech therapy or anything until he's two and there's still nothing, but i have a feeling we will be right where you're at.
i do think its genetic. matt didnt say ONE WORD until he was two and didnt start forming sentences until 2.5. he also walked at 15.5 months and brady walked at 16. so there ya go.
Einstein didn't start talking until three :)
Tofer is 18 months and isn't talking much either. Picking up signs from "signing times" though - haha. My ped said not to even think about it until 20 months. I'll keep you posted.
Sweet that you get free development time though. That's awesome.
A bunch of my nephews have had the speech and/or developmental therapy from the state...it is so wonderful!!!
And tantrums...oh, Ada is totally throwing them lately. I just keep telling myself 'it's a stage, right?' hopefully!
that's so cool about those speech development programs! he'll be talking in NO time.
he looks so big in these pictures. i swear the last three months they've gone from babies to boys. crazzzy.
loved the update :) He's a doll! Love your writing
Post a Comment