Let's start this post with something actually cute.
Boys. In matching sweaters and cheesy grins.
Feeling a LOT of anxiety re. the "unknowns" of the few weeks to come. I get asked the same questions 400 times a day (which is fine, I am blessed to have so many people who care to know. seriously). We really don't know much other than this:
1. The babies will come when they want. The average twin is born at 35 weeks. More than likely, my doctor won't let me go past 38 weeks due to rapid placenta deterioration which can occur.
2. My doctors appts. are every other week for the next 4 weeks, than every week. As we get closer, we'll see if Csection is a possibility. Of course, I do NOT want one - but I'm not in charge.
3. Everything "looks" great.
4. I gain all my weight in my chipmunk cheeks and thighs. My body is SO different with this pregnancy and it's been super difficult for me - I'm embarassed to admit. No matter who you are, pregnancy changes your body and it's never easy to see those changes. As grateful as I am for babies, (and the ease of which we've had them), I do wish I had more control of the effects of pregnancy. Make sense?
5. The biggest fear I have right now, is how to divide my attention between Treyson (who right now, is all I can comprehend as my "world") and two newborns.
6. No, I have nothing ready. If it weren't for my parents and some dear, generous friends - my children would be sleeping on the floor, naked.
We took some pictures this morning b/c for once I wasn't in sweats and no make up.
I freaked when I saw the first one, bawled when I saw the second, and then made TRevor take 500 more till my face didn't look quite as double chin-ey. (Those of you who are blessed with non-round faces. You suck.)
My father in law saw me at church and told me I looked like a chubby zebra. He loves me
Someone explain to me why your legs turn to tree trunks during pregnancy. I don't understand it. Oh, and explain to me whose great idea green sponge painting was.
17 educated comments:
love it all. And yes, makes sense.
I wish you could see yourself as we all see you. Simply. Gorgeous. And yes, you did look like a zebra. LOL. But a very cute zebra, honey. We love you. It's all going to work out wonderfully. Somehow, it always does. And I'll be there! How fun will THAT be?????? I'm so excited.
Oh Andrea! You look beautiful. I agree with the mom. So cute. And I'm so jealous. Look at your legs and ankles...not swollen one bit. And how come your boobs don't get huge like mine?? I feel like I'm carrying quads! Love your hair and you make carrying twins look good. :) Love ya. Hang in there. We can do this!!
YAY!!! I've been wanting to see your belly and full body shot because I've been curious...and you look like the same ol' gorgeous Andrea with a big belly :) Excited for you guys...you'll be in my thoughts/prayers for the next 8 ish weeks!!!!
My boobs are huge in comparison to the training bras I usually sport! Doesn't take much for an increase.
Ha! Your supposed "chubby cheeks" and "tree trunk legs" are smaller than mine are when I'm in my best shape! Now that's just unfair. :) Good luck these with these last few weeks of pregnancy!
LOVE this! Want to know why I'm glad I'm not pregnant with twins? Because all of our friends would compare me with the gorgeous Andrea and that would make me feel insecure :) I think you look fabulous, but I understand all the things that are discouraging about the ever changing, ever growing pregnant body. I think your twins may come before mine does!
oh the boys are SO CUTE!!
and im not seeing any chubby cheeks or tree trunks, just fyi. ;)
you look great!
Are you freaking kidding me girl?? You have the cutest belly in the world and not an ounce of fat anywhere. You arms tiny, you legs NOT tree trunks, just cute adorable legs, and again the cutest belly caring 2 kids!! How awesome is that. A miracle really. I totally admire you.
I TOTALLY agree on the whole body thing. Whenever I get depressed about the changes I then get more depressed because I feel like if people knew how I felt they might not think I appreciate my kids, which wouldn't be true. I wouldn't change having them for the world. It is just hard to deal with body changes. It 100% makes sense!
I agree with your Mom. Wish you could see yourself how we see you.
I love that your mom is so excited. She sounds a lot like my mom!
you're adorable! seriously you don't look nearly as big as you think! that matching sweaters super cute! what the heck though...where's your matching cardigan! :)
Sometimes I find myself trying to be witty, or writing a response about how I totally agree. Today all I can say is that you look beautiful. Simply stunning. What a miracle our bodies are, huh?
Totally makes sense. And, really (even if you took 500 pics) you look awesome!!!
30 weeks and beautiful :) Love the pics of the men too ;) Here's to the HOME STRETCH! yay!!
hot mamma!
i bet trevor is all over dat!
seriously!
:)
You look so good! My ankles and feet were ginormous by that point. I'd have to lay of the couch with them up for an hour just to get them back to any sort of normal. Really, you look GREAT! I'm so excited for your girls to come. It's crazy, but twins girls are the greatest things ever. :)
I am not just saying this- you look skinny! Of course your belly is massive, but you don't look like you've gained any other weight. I am jealous! You look beautiful and wish I could see you in person!
you still look great.. your face doesn't look swollen at all! that's what i'm scared of when i'm pregnant.
Post a Comment