Sunday, January 23, 2011

33 weeks

Once I get to 34 weeks, they won't try to "stop" labor if it comes......
Um. Starting to freak out a little bit here.
So grateful we made it to the "safe zone", but hoping we make it another 3 weeks at least.

Did I just say that?
Not going to lie, I'm not uncomfortable...I'm in PAIN. And I promise I'm not just being a complaining pregnant woman. It kills to carry two kids. There's just NOT room.
I'm pretty amazed my body/crotch/stomach/hips/legs have managed to go this far and honestly, everything after this will be a breeze - at least physically.
We really don't do much around here besides try not to go into labor.
Trey's bday is next week so maybe I'll actually take some pics.
Oh, and I had a birthday, but we avoid all talk of that. I try to pretend I don't get older.

Trevor remembered at 7pm this year.
It's progress. I'm proud of him.

19 educated comments:

Dedre said...

:) you make me laugh! I don't know if I dare right crotch on my blog...my poor grandma who's a FAITHFUL reader, might have a heart attack! :) I will say, I remember alll too well how it felt to carry two babies around. I agree there is SOOO much pressure on the crotch area, you really do think if you pee too hard they might fall out! TMI? Sorry.

anyways...You're adorable...and sorry to break it too you, you are going to get a LOT bigger :) If you make it to 36 weeks. which I hope you do!

don't forget to text you're new best friend :)lol

Melissa said...

You look amazing!! I'm not just saying that because from my perspective you really do. If you don't believe me I'll send you my picures from 33 weeks and you'll feel a lot better! I understand about the pain and there being no more room. The best thing I ever did was find a hot tub (but set at a save temp) and I would sit in it as much as possible. It was at my bishops house, so it was a little awkward that I was always in his backyard trying to not feel the pain and heavyness from carrying twins. Good luck with the next few weeks. This has gone by so fast for me :)

Tim and Jennifer said...

How do you stay so small? Maybe in a few years when I dare have another kid you can be my "life coach" while I'm pregnant. Really all you'll have to do is say, "Don't eat that!"

Wow, I can't believe the time is almost here. I remember when you first announced it on your blog and I freaked for you. I hope you are more comfortable with the idea of having twins as I am for you. :). You'll do great.

And the pain? I remember with just one kid thinking maybe I should sit with my legs crossed! I can't imagine!!

Kali said...

I love this belly pic. But I sometimes still can't believe there is really two in there. You really aren't that big. At least comparatively speaking. (tho Im sure that isn't how you feel). We have a friend in the ward who had triplets and had them at 36 weeks which I thought was one complete miracle. I also came across this blog where this (tiny girl I might add) had twins girls, then right after had triplet boys. I CAN NOT imagine that!!

Your dress is super cute.

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

You are my hero... one inside does enough crazy things to your body... I can't (and, um, don't) want to imagine what two would do! Hang in there lady! And, good luck and best wishes!!

Lindsey S. said...

I forget our birthdays are only 1 day apart. I wish I could come help you out. Move to Utah... haha.

I am SOOOOOOOO happy to see you make it this far. You are doing an amazing job caring those kiddos. Happy birthday darling!

Carly said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who refuses to take pregnancy pics that include my face. lol I just can't do it. It's too scary and it's nothing I ever want to remember. I hope you are able to have those sweet little girls soon! I know they are going to be gorgeous!

Steph said...

I swear I'm bigger than you and I only have one inside. Seriously, do a side by side comparison, I think you'll agree.

So excited for you--I think it's safe to say that yours will be here before mine! I can't wait to "meet" them via the blog ;)

Dedre said...

oh my gosh...I wrote "right" for "write"....beware after having twins you will lose most of your intelligence! At least that happened to me :)

Megan and Mike said...

i cant believe your that far along already number one.... and number two i cangt believe you are still skinny?????how????your arms and legs are tiny. and i hate you. but i love you.

Mills Family said...

I remember those days all too well... Thinking that you cannot POSSIBLY get any bigger or hurt any more, and then you do. I carried my twins to 38 weeks, think you got 5 more weeks in you?? You can do it! Sending non-labor thoughts your way. And very soon I will be sending you more photos of clothes that the girls have outgrown. =)

Danny and Shalayne said...

I seriously can't believe you are carrying two! you are amazing!

And I agree...let's not talk about our birthdays...it makes me feel old.

Angela and Mike said...

You GO girl, way to make it to 33 weeks! I'm thinking of you...hopefully you can hold onto those babies a little longer. I'm sorry it's so uncomfortable. I can't even imagine.

Chelsea said...

i think the older you get the more birthdays suck. i always have high expectations, and it never quite lives up. ive found it best if i give my husband subtle hints..."oh, my birthday is in 3 days, i almsot forgot" not!

and way to go on carrying 2. you look dang good if you ask me.

Cathy said...

Birthday?? No way!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You look darling but I know all too well how nice it feels at the very end, seeing as it's been...oh five days since the birth experience. But twins, man, I can't even imagine. Ugh. We are working on getting pics for a blog post. Already set up a photo shoot and went to crap so we're working on it!

My mom is still here so I'm surviving. Once she leaves I think I'll die. You're so lucky to have some family close by. What I WOULD GIVE!!!!

Teryn said...

I hope overall your birthday was a good one :) If the rest of you is as skinny as this picture portrays.. i'm not sure why you won't include your face? It can't be bad when the only thing that has grown on your body is that belly of yours! Best wishes on a healthy last couple of weeks. Soak up the simpleness of life now.. adding a second for me definitely shook up my whole world.. so, I'd imaging adding number 2 and 3 at the same time might just do the same for you ;) Best wishes girlfriend!

H and E said...

Wow you look amazing!!! I am sure it is super uncomfortable, but you are a rockstar. Ok so I would kill my husband if he didn't remember my birthday until 7 pm you are a better woman than me!

Lindsey said...

you look so great! i KNOW you don't feel like it.. but seriously a total basketball belly. your dress is super cute also.

I only had 1 baby a couple months ago and you look better than i did! good luck these next couple weeks.

Tara said...

you look fantastic!!! i know everyone says it and its hard to believe when you are used to being skinny and start packing on pounds for pregnancy, but you really are all belly. you are still so skinny everywhere else!! you look awesome!!