Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sleep


It seems everyone is getting good use of our bed BUT Trevor and I.

I thought I would get brave yesterday and run some errands. What a horrible idea - especially in the pouring rain. I about killed a lady who thought it would be a good idea to take the blanket OFF the twins car seats so she could see them, as I was returning a purchase; hence, waking them up. Serious bad words for that rude woman, but she didn't even understand English so they didn't go far.


Treyson's vocabulary has exploded recently. It's hilarious. He will pick up on the most ridiculous things. Ask him to sing the Farmers Insurance commercial... We're so grateful he is more able to express what he wants or needs now. He is also able to express his temper. It's lovely. He would spend 23 hours a day outside and often tries to. He struggles with sleeping now. For some reason, his normal sleeping schedule is complete messed. Who knows....


The girls still sleep a lot and eat a lot. I'm trying hard to enjoy the time with them as mechanical as it often feels. It's frustrating b/c I feel like one is ALWAYS crying (usually Oakley) and one is ALWAYS being neglected. I guess that is just life with twins. They "talk" a lot now and it's pretty hilarious. Oakley is the littler one (only by 5 oz) but has this robust manly voice while Reagan has this tiny little girl voice.

I will say this, the hard moments are HARD - when all three kids are screaming bloody murder, your 20 leftover belly pounds are jiggling and youre not lactating enough......but the good moments? The ones where all three kids are on the couch with you laughing? Those are REALLY good.

It's all about balance I suppose.



The end.

Back to diaper changing...

12 educated comments:

Jessica said...

It's too bad there's not room in there for you and Trevor, that bed looks so comfortable!
Seeing those cute kids, crashed on that fluffy, white bed makes me want to take a nap right now!

Sara Parr said...

<3 you.

Teryn said...

those sleeping pictures are so precious! sorry about the hard outing. And that lady.. haha.. maybe it's the culture?.. in fact, I'm sure it's the culture. Russ and I went out to eat with our girls one night. Abby was about 3 months and I had picked her up to take her to the bathroom and change her diaper. One of the waitress's, who also spoke little to no english, proceeded to just take Abby out of my arms. "i hold her ok..i hold her" she kept saying... haha..oiy, no, you can't just grab my baby out of my arms thank you! haha..

Dedre said...

kinda of a tear from me. When you talked about the bad moments and the Really good ones. So soo so true!

um...i would have slugged that lady!

Honestly looks like you are becoming quite the pro with 3 under 3.

Kris - Burnt Exposure Photography said...

I agree with the culture comment. I think the intentions are almost always good but there is very little inhibition. Which, in some ways, is very endearing. But man, when someone rings my doorbell and wakes up the kids I want to KILL them. So having someone wake up sleeping TWINS while you are OUT. Beyond death.

Kris - Burnt Exposure Photography said...

PS this is Cathy, apparently I'm signed in as my husband. Ha.

Anonymous said...

cute jammies :)

Anonymous said...

I think about you all the time! My heart jumped a little when you said there are really good moments. Honestly, aren't those worth everything else??

And, I would have sucker punched that lady. I had scarlett in my sling when she was a baby and some random lady walked over and pulled my sling out to look at her. I almost kicked her.

Lindsey S. said...

love sleeping kids!

You are a great mama! Really, amazing!! Those kids have great parents who love them dearly. What else do they need?

Anonymous said...

Andrea, don't get too wierded out by this comment, but this is Jennifer, your EFY counselor from 2000 in Kansas. I just searched your name on google and found your blog. You and your family are so beautiful. I recently came in contact with another one of my EFY girls and thought I would try to find you, since you were my favorite, after all. I would love to hear from you, if you would like and aren't too creeped out by my stalker abilities. Email me at jennifermangum@live.com. My families blog is themangumfamily.blogspot.com. Where are you guys living? We are in Virginia but will be moving to Indiana this summer. Hope to hear from you. Love, Jennifer

Meredith said...

Girl, I hear ya momma! Let me just tell you that each day you have more and more to look forward to. Just wait until your girls have sisterly love fests and want to kiss each other all the time with these slobbery open mouth kisses. Or when they both discover something and are entertained by each other for a good 15 minutes...I know you know there is light at the end but it keeps getting brighter and brighter (promise).

Katie&Greg said...

I can't even imagine what it's like! hang in there Momma. I'd like to say that it will get better soon, but what the heck do I know?! Your kids are adorable, that's got to help, right?