So, I am terrified. TERRIFIED, of winter. Treyson is just such a happier kid when we can at least spend an hour or so outside. I can't imagine what his behavior will be like during the cold days of winter as we rot away inside (negative nancy here).
I've begun compiling tons of activities which require A) No trips to the store beyond the "norm" (Hate projects that require a thousand supplies, an hour drive etc) B) brain power on Trey's part C) NO Buzz Lightyear (so burnt out). I WILL be prepared. Often the best ideas are the simplest and most obvious yet, most forgotten.
I've begun compiling tons of activities which require A) No trips to the store beyond the "norm" (Hate projects that require a thousand supplies, an hour drive etc) B) brain power on Trey's part C) NO Buzz Lightyear (so burnt out). I WILL be prepared. Often the best ideas are the simplest and most obvious yet, most forgotten.
Today, I was DRAGGING thanks to two little darlings who refuse to sleep all of a sudden so I decided to throw a few activities at Treyson in hopes to feel a little less of a bad mom who relies too heavily on Calliou (stupid show ever.) Time to enlist a bottle of shaving cream (free from couponing) and a naked, skinny, 2 year old.
Results were positive.
Well, untill I put some on his nose.
I'm contemplating starting a blog JUST of ideas to do with your kids in the winter. Is anyone interested in compiling ideas and contributing? I know theres a TON of ideas out there. Would be nice to see things that are tried, easy and all in one place so we can all be prepared for the doom coming. (Can you tell how I feel about winter)
7 educated comments:
COUNT ME IN!!!! I share your feelings for winter. And I am extra terrified this year because I will have a brand-new baby and with all the RSV and whooping cough that is EVERYWHERE now we probably won't leave our house for months. Awesome. So yes, I would be so grateful for ideas of things to do during the winter. Keep me posted if you start something!
And yes, your babies are way cuter than Brad Pitt's. So beautiful, all three of them.
YES. it seems to have cooled down so suddenly here and i've been thinking the exact thing! so worried what we'll do without summer days that quinn can just run outside and play and swim!
not sure i'd have great ideas but it might force me to come up with them. heaven knows with two kids i'll need to get creative, fast!
Not sure if you know of this site, but I just became a fan of them on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/toddlertoddler
They always have fun crafts. I think they would be great for winter time. That's why I liked them. What in the world do you do with a 2 year old when its below freezing and there is no snow to keep them occupied?!
OKAY, I need winter activities too! PLEASE...keep the ideas coming. I would say shaving cream is a success! haha. And your children are absolutely darling and beautiful.
I have a TON of ideas because we have NO yard to speak of! We spend a LOT of time indoors, because with a newborn I can't just pick up and take them to the park all the time. We do a lot of paper airplanes, trampolines, wii fit, art projects, baking, and I often pull the car out of the garage so the kids can ride bikes year around (just not very far because it's a 1 car garage.
But then again, the good thing for me is the two older ones can play together. But to be honest all m best ideas come from pinterest, so there you go!
You're an awesome mom. come teach me to relax and let my kids do things like this!
Your thoughts on Winter echo mine on Summer Months in AZ. Between the hours of 12 and 4 it is too hot to even be in the pool... especially since the pools all heat up and feel like luke warm bath water.
Fabulous idea about the Toddler Activities Blog. Do it. I'll be thinking.
Post a Comment