This weekend we went along with Trevor to a cattle sale. (Think big party + food + cows + auction of fancy cattle) After six hours in the car, we arrived in the beautiful town of Madras, Oregon. It was a little wild with the WHOLE family, but somehow we survived. Our suitcase; however, did not. Trevor left it in the hotel parking lot and when we came back to get it, it was already stolen.

I cried. and yelled. and gave him the silent treatment for half the ride home. Great wife I am. Not like he MEANT to do it. What frustrates me the most isn't the money we're out but more the fact I now have to go SHOPPING for new stuff. (New Chi. New John Deere tractor shirts for Trey. New makeup (Have you ever thought about how much money is in that stupid makeup bag?!). New diapers. New clothes). I HATE shopping.
Treyson loved the sale. I wish I had more pictures. They had a barn party the night before and Treyson spent the whole night running wild, eating WAY too much junk, sneaking pop and dancing with drunk cow girls. Or, maybe that was Trevor? He was the star of the show and soaked up every minute of attention. At about 9pm, and 4 cookies later, little man starts crying in the middle of the dance floor, runs to me and says "Mommy, I tired. My babies (aka his tummy. Mommy was very pregnant during key language acquisition periods apparently) hurt and I want to go to bed."

The girls did pretty well. Everyone, even strangers, are so willing to help and hold and even change diapers. I have really recognized the kindness in people through these girls. I could NOT do it alone. (esp. when Treyson feels the need to open gates and run in with the bulls.) But, another mom confession. I HATE not being able to do it alone. I had a friend holding R for awhile and she fed R a cupcake. My little, sweet baby was so sick the whole way home. I know no harm was meant and I am not mad, I just hate not being able to supervise all 3 of them 100%, 100% of the time. It makes me sad.

6 educated comments:
Love the babies for tummy!! And I completely know what you mean about not being able to do it alone.
I only have 1 baby, but I can still relate to that feeling of wanting to do it 100%. You're better than me, I would have FLIPPED if someone fed my young baby a friggin' cupcake! My son had his first cupcake/sugar at his first birthday and still got sick too! Poor baby!
oh, so that's why your chi is gone :( I'm so sorry.
And, about not being able to supervise all of your kids--I feel the same way sometimes. And, people just don't watch out for your kids like you do. Sometimes they are completely innocent in what they do, but it is still frustrating as the mom.
On a lighter note, you do have ADORABLE kids and I loved the pictures :)
Two words: Online shopping. It was meant for you. You and I both know this. That way you don't have to go out with all 3.
You are way nicer than me. I would have been SO upset if someone gave Jack a cupcake when he was that little.
oh my gosh..leaving your bags and losing them too. I'm so sorry.
I agree, not feeling like you can supervise all the kids has been a hate for me too. Ugh. I wish I was wonder woman!
Ahhhh I can't get over how beautiful they are! Seriously so gorgeous! :)
Post a Comment