So remember how we bought, redid (Thanks Dad!), and moved into a house in the period of a month? The same month I was measuring 54 weeks pregnant and birthed twins? Remember how I lost a little bit of my mind that month?
Well, we're STILL settling in and although I REALLY do love it.... I feel like so much is left undone. I literally want to throw all my stuff away and start new.
Well, we're STILL settling in and although I REALLY do love it.... I feel like so much is left undone. I literally want to throw all my stuff away and start new.
I'm the type who refuses to buy anything if what we have "works". I just can't spend the money. Like, right now, our $20 Craigs list kitchen table is down to TWO chairs. One for Treyson's booster. One for the STARVING, nursing mother. Trevor? SOL.
Do I want a new table? Yes.
Will I bite the bullet and buy one? Not till we're down to ONE chair.
Do I want a new table? Yes.
Will I bite the bullet and buy one? Not till we're down to ONE chair.
My point?
My house is sort of ghetto. I'm TRYING to slowly aquire maybe a few nice, not from a yard sale items a year. Then, maybe, I will start to feel like my house is "finished" and not resembling a thrown up flea market (and not that cute flea market look that design blogs are dedicated to..).
My house is sort of ghetto. I'm TRYING to slowly aquire maybe a few nice, not from a yard sale items a year. Then, maybe, I will start to feel like my house is "finished" and not resembling a thrown up flea market (and not that cute flea market look that design blogs are dedicated to..).
UGLY. The TV will be mounted when my husband has time - aka when he's done designing his BARN (that's a whole other can of worms...) hence the cord in the middle of the wall.
So for now, there hangs an old family photo, entirely too small for the space. And me, with NO idea what to put up.
Or THIS wall....(I cringe posting this..)
Oh Treyson. Your cheap WalMart book shelf (that clashes with your white bed and dresser), plethora of unorganized toys, and small picture on a large wall with TINY vinyl (don't love the vinyl). Ew Ew Ew.
I really do have some ideas.
But need time, a babysitter, and more money.
I guess kids don't care what their house looks like. They really don't.
But, Pinterest is making me feel like a complete invalid when it comes to home decor.
SOMEONE COME PAINT SOME CHEVRON!
(This post is dedicated to those of us whose homes are less than perfect)
(PS. Sometimes when I write blog posts, I fear "new" readers think I'm just complaining...I'm really not. I just choose to make fun of our lives. It gets me through things. Helps me see things a little less light hearted.....I hope you get that about me by now....)
10 educated comments:
I swear we are like twins from another life! I feel the same way! Sadly...it's impossible to get anything decorated with the handful of kids we are wading through right now.
I know there's a stage for everything...but yikes.. I wish I could mix and match my different stages of life.
ohh and I'm up right now without a husband too. ugh :) I'm with you...I'm glad they aren't deadbeat computer junkies who have to golf every saturday with their buddies...but it's still hard having them gone all the time. double edge sword!
ah, i hear ya andrea!
i totally get it!
it's taken me four years to get my house to where i love it {even though there are still a couple improvements i'd love to make,} and now we're looking for a bigger house! so basically all this hard work for nothing ;)
i spent a lot of money at first on stupid crap so i think what you're doing i wise. the stuff i've saved, waited for and spent a good amount of money on have lasted forever & will move with me when the time comes. i can't wait to see what you come up with!
i so feel your pain! there is so much i want to do but don't want to/can't spend the money to do it. but hey, can i have treyson's bookshelf and you can have our $5 white garage sale one? his would match my boys furniture much, much better!
and when you figure out your walls, please let me know. i have bare walls EVERYWHERE.
oh, and that's why i'm not hooked on pinterest. there are way cuter people out there than me and i don't want to think i'm not, haha.
haha I'm so glad there are other people in this world like me...seriously i don't think we have spent more than 10 dollars on a single piece of furniture that is in my house. It is all donated from family/bought at garage sales. Therefore it does not match. At all. I keep telling myself...next paycheck I'll buy something nice...
I am starting to feel weird because I think I comment on your blog far too much, especially since we don't even know each other ;) But I loved this post and I am laughing because I feel the same way about Pinterest...it is pointing out all of the things I fail to accomplish on a regular basis, like make dinner, for example. If you find someone to paint chevron stripes on your wall...send them my way please, I was just telling my husband I want to do that this morning :)
None of it matters.
What matters is that teeny weeney picture in your son's room is a picture of Christ and the vinyl underneath reminds him that he is a child of god and the picture by the TV is a picture of him surrounded by two parents who adore him.
Thrift store or not you've decorated with importance.
I don't have twins or a husband...and my home decor still looks pretty lame! I totally get you. :)
you should see our ridiculous apartment. and i hate pinterest for making me jealous of all those amazing houses!
Guess what? I LOVE YOU! And I agree - can someone crafty come and do my house?? Mine is just a random hodge-podge! PS. I miss you!! and How do you get that reader thing on the side?
Post a Comment