The Ponder family has a tradition of having a "spooky" Halloween dinner. We have Spooghetti with green brains and bloody gut sauce, drink witches brew etc etc. The best part is, we use our hands as untensils and are allowed to eat "rudely." I remember my father frequently "puking" up his food and then re eating it. Every child's dream night!

I figured, since Trevor has been struggling with holiday spirit, we'd carry this tradition on. We couldn't do it on actual Halloween night since we'll be at a cattle sale, so tonight was the night. It was nothing as elaborate as my Mom's dinner. It was totally ghetto, "we are broke and live out of boxes" and I only have an hour after work to plan style. I ran and got some cheap dollar bin Target Halloween decorations, turned all the lights out, lit a ton of candles and turned on some spooky music. Oh, and dressed in all black.

Trevor was a bit surprised when he got home. I told him he had to put a costume on (he smelled like cows). He immediately stripped down to his undies and said "IM ADAM!"
It took him awhile to warm up to the idea of not using a fork and give into the slurps, burps and messy faces....but I think I broke ground people. He might have actually had fun.
Sorry these pics are awful. It was pitch black.

Cute, festive recipes found here: http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/specialfeature/halloween_ms_food/
PS You'll notice there are no pictures of me. This is because they are far too scary even for Halloween.
9 educated comments:
how adorable!!! :) That's such a good idea. Trev's idea of a costume is pretty hilarious, too. LOL. I might have to steal this idea from you!
Cute dinner! Looks like you got him partly back to his old self! This spaghetti mouth reminds of this picture I have somewhere of Trevor with BBQ sauce ALL OVER his face and hands eating ribs like a barbarian!
I honestly don't know what to say...........
I'm laughing out loud. Thank you.
That is so awesome. The whole Adam thing made me die laughing! You guys are adorable! I know you look amazing but I understand not wanting to share pics of yourself. My friends want me taking more belly shots and I haven't forever. You're so cute!
Ryan here still waiting to be invited to your blog!!!!!:( Nothing like having a sister without love!! Hey so this was really really funny! I know exactly why you didnt post pictures of yourself..... when Trev decided to go for the Adam look you went for the Eve look!!!! Dont lie you know its TRUE!!! And dont try telling everyone he left his drawers on either!!!!
Haha...Adam :)
Awesome idea. I love it! It really looks like Trevor got into the spirit :) I still don't know if I could eat spaghetti with my hands though...
hahaha. That is a genius idea!! I love it.
Post a Comment