Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pregnancy Updates

UM. I'm pregnant. REALLY pregnant. And for the first time since the woes of nausea, I FEEL really pregnant.
Treyson has taken a nice downward position and the pressure on my pelvis and lower back resembles the feeling of riding an elephant for 24 hours. (I'm not sure what that really feels like, but prob. similar.) I gained six pounds in the last two weeks (all in my thighs), and honestly, I don't care. Every homemade goodie of my mom's was worth it. My boobs are still leaking. I also have something called PUPP which is a random skin rash which itches a ton. And I've become fascinated with checking the toilet for a mucus plug.
Too much information? possibly.
Treyson is coming. He's measuring in at about 6.3 pounds with three weeks to go. Today I asked my doctor. "Doc, I don't get it. How is THAT (pointing at a picture of baby on wall) supposed to fit out of that (pointing to crotch)?"
He laughed at me. Untill he realized I was serious.
I still don't get it.

PS I can't find a stroller/infant seat I like.

15 educated comments:

Steph said...

After you find out, let me know how that fits out of that. I don't get it either :)

erin said...

I LOVE how candid you are. You make me laugh.

Cathy said...

Hahaha! Well first thing, the pics I posted were the least "huge" looking of the bunch and I photoshopped the crap out of the dark circles under my eyes from...lack of sleep maybe? I FEEL YOUR PAIN and you make me laugh so hard! Just the other day I was going on about how you get to a point where you're so big and pregnant that you just don't care. A massive freakishly bloated stomach and OH WELL! For strollers, I have one of those frames where you can click things in and out of it and I hear it's a life saver. Click the carseat in and out and bassinets and stroller seats, etc etc etc.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2327597

Oh and P.S. I've gained 32 pounds already...

Cathy said...

Oh and p.s. maybe you have one already but this wrap is supposed to be GREAT. Lots of people are getting the "Moby Wrap" but this one is softer, stretchier, and has had good reviews - althought I've heard good things about both. Just an FYI.

http://www.parentsofinvention.com/ubw-product.htm

Anonymous said...

You're too funny. I wonder the same thing (about how it fits). It works though, it has to! Right?? Haha, no it does..remember Eve? There you go! You are still cute looking and people do remember what you looked like :)

Liz said...

i feel your pain! and let me know how that mucous plug thing works out. i'm still looking for mine, too!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Just to let you know, you probably won't need to "look" for the mucus plug. Mine didn't plop out of me. It took me a couple trips to the bathroom to realize I was losing mine. Some women lose it days before having their kid, but I lost mine in the morning and was in active labor hours later. So fun!! Too much info? Also, you still look way too good to be THAT pregnant so quit complaining. haha!

Carly said...

I love reading all your funny comments on being prego because I can totally relate. You will be SOOOO happy when your baby is born that you are already a milk machine. It makes nursing so much easier. :) And that whole mucus plug thing is horrible, some people lose it all at once or it can take all day. DISGUSTING!!! Can't wait for more details!

Mandi said...

Love the information, but you know I need more! You are doing great! Now it is time to push that baby out of that crazy tiny place with no drugs! You can do it! Just kidding, I know how excited you were about that before! I still have a present sitting in my living room for you from months ago!

Alisa said...

ha ha.....you're so funny! Looks like you guys have had such a fun trip to KS! Makes me miss KS! What a beautiful shower too! Happy New Year!

Tara said...

i love how candid you are. you always make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the info I gave your mom before you have the baby, but it's got great postpartum info too. I meant to put it in the gift bag, but forgot. Sorry I missed it btw. And, you have a great family. :)

Angela and Mike said...

haha, I love the too much information. But I totally understand it all since that's what I'm going through. 7 weeks for me to go. Wow, I can't believe you could go into labor at any time and Treyson would be perfectly healthy. Maybe you should try to run or something to send you into labor.

Lindsey S. said...

I am sorry you agre getting uncomfortable. I hated that! You are almost done and soon you will be holding your angel in your arms!

We got a Combi Stroller/Carseat which I LOVE because its still a combination so the carseat fits with the stroller but the stroller is not so huge like most I saw in the stores. I didn't like how massive they were. This one is easy to fold up and throw in my trunk so I always have it with me!

Unknown said...

Lol!! You totally made my week. You are hilarious and oh so honest. I don't know how a baby comes out either :/