Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wedded Bliss

Today is our anniversary.
Trevor forgot.
I forgot till my sister in law reminded me.
Awesome!
We really are glad we are married. I mean, three kids in three years? Something must be going right.

No, in all seriousness, I married Trevor because, among various other reasons, he made me uncomfortable. Isn't that strange? Every other man bored me, didn't challenge me, wouldn't push me, and made me feel like I was settling. Than came along the cowboy, who looked like a total HOTTIE, yet slightly metrosexual back then. PROOF:

He took me to PF Changs in huge Diesel red truck, tried to hide his Dolly Parton CDs, ordered 7 dishes (I was a big huskier back then...), and then invited me over to watch Bill O'Reilly. I had a somewhat pseduo-boyfriend at the time, who was quickly dumped via text message (Class act I was) since something much better had come along. Two weeks later, Trevor confessed his love (I'm not joking) to the sultry tunes of Garth Brooks. This was his one and only show of emotion ever or since. So I knew he meant it.

Dating.

First picture together.

Except for the time we broke up, he moved to Minnesota, me to SLC, and he showed up my door step (in tears...cough cough) a week later. Best decision he ever made, I bargain. Months later, we get married. A year later, we have a perfect son. 2 years later, we have twin girls. Oh, and there's a damn dog thrown in there too (apologies for cursing, but the dog deserves it.).
Love you Trevor, even if you did decide to go sell cattle in Utah on our anniversary.
I hope you enjoy your night cuddled up to bovines, while I cuddle with Treyson.
At least your heart will be warmed reading this blog post devoted to our love.
hurry home.

And, thanks for making me perfectly uncomfortable. It's been quite the ride.


10 educated comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Best post ever. So sweet-- and hilarious. Just my style.

The Kynastons said...

Happy anniversary! And cute pics of Treyson in the snow. The one of him with the footprints is quite possibly the best picture ever.

Alisa said...

cute! happy anniversary!

Dedre said...

I'm with "tim and jennifer" Best post!

too cute!

Sara Parr said...

I love this post! Happy Anny! 9You guys have much to be proud of!

Lindsey S. said...

What the crap where did I miss the 2 girls thing! I check your blog constantly! CONGRATS. That is going to be so fun. Boy and now girls. So so excited for you guys.

Our husbands sound so similar in so many ways. Well except your husband is living James actually dream. He's just becoming a lawyer to hopefully make enough to then have his dream, land and cows/horses. We should be neighbors. And James is obsessed with bill O'Reilly. I didn't even know who he was until I met James. Now i could name every fox news anchor.

Congrats to the wedding anniversary!

Teryn said...

Happy Anniversary!

Angela and Mike said...

haha, great post. I love the term you used to describe him...that he makes you uncomfortable. Too funny. Happy anniversary. and you two do make pretty amazing looking babies!

Sheryl said...

love it.

Kelly said...

loved this. Thank you for not being like the other bloggers out there and pretending like your like is "picture perfect". It is perfect for you but not story book perfect and that is why I love reading your posts. I can relate to them.