Sunday, July 3, 2011

Surprise!



I was having the most difficult "mom" week ever. I think the last 4 months of motherhood, and only being able to leave my kids once, just finally got to me. At the apogee of this bad week, I got in the car and took the kids to the mall - thinking it was the closest I was going to get to making fun for myself. Of course, the babies SCREAMED bloody murder nonstop to the point I was getting dirty left and right. I was holding one baby and pushing the stroller with the other, in tears, thinking to myself, "I need my mom."

I called my mom, and she encouraged me to hurry home. There was a surprise there - my sister! Even though she ONLY flew out because her fiance is from the next small town over and they were spending the 4th at his cabin, (Yes, she's marrying a guy from a town 10 minutes from here. Totally coincidence. They met in Kansas when he was working there for the summer....) and I only saw her for about 6 hours total - it was so nice. Treyson was THRILLED.

2 educated comments:

Sheryl said...

maybe she'll live close by after they get married?! that would be fun! remember when i almost married a small town idahoan? hmmmm. that really just wasn't meant to be.

Mrs. Ponder said...

may I please point out that you were not "getting dirty" at the mall but you were indeed getting dirty LOOKS at the mall. Sheesh.