Friday, January 11, 2008

Favorite Wedding Presents

I have to rave on some of my favorite wedding presents. THe generousity of others has truly been a blessing as Trev and I have had to barely spend any money on setting up house; thus leaving extra funds for my gorgeous new knee high brown leather boots courtesy of J. Crew - my favorite store in the world.

Anyway..here are a few of my personal favorites in no particular order.

1) My bread machine. Thank you Emily and Ry. Nothing means home more than a steaming hot, soft, loaf of homemade bread. Made easily by the wonders of modern bread making technology.


2) My CocoaLatte. Thank you Ash and Bryan. You have to invest in one of these. They make the most frothy hot cocoa and steamed milk that competes with even Quick Trip (Please tell me you know what QT is!). Last night, Trev and I curled up in bed with our hot cocoa and books and this? Pure bliss.

3)Our matress. Thank you Sherri/Mom. I never had a great mattress in my life, so I had never seen the "other side." But seriously, a quality pillow-top mattress makes sleeping the best thing since my breadmaker. Gotta love Costco!

4) My piano. OH my piano. Thank you mom and dad. I have always grown up with music in my home and have played since I was 9. Though the piano was too big for our little abode and currently resides in a conex in Parma - I can't wait to fill our home with beautiful music and as a result, the Spirit.


Now it's your turn..What were your favorite wedding presents?

8 educated comments:

jenna said...

i love the cocoa latte! i got it for my wedding too! i'd have to say my favorite is my kitchenaid black mixer. so beautiful on my countertop!

Liz said...

i love QT and totally forgot about it. WE also have a Cocoa Latte and it makes me so happy!

Anonymous said...

My rice and vegetable steamer... love it! Also money... our car was broken into on our honeymoon, and they took Jim's cash and credit card. He had the gift cash, so, it seemed easier to take losing. Easy come, easy go... It ended up being a blessing because we weren't out of our "real" money... I guess everything can be a blessing depending on how you look at it. :)

Morgan said...

Holy Cow...I have really had to think about this one...the one wedding gift that I would say is my favorite mainly cause I have gotten sooo much use out of it would have to be our pots and pans. We got an amazing set from Gloria Vance. It's the best set ever! We have had them for almost 6 years now! Crap. That is crazy! But that would have to be my favorite!

Anna said...

Hey I found you on Morgan's page, I didnt realize that Morgan was your friend from Kansas but it makes total sense now! anyway my favorite wedding present was probably the money we got to buy our furniture. We def use it alot!

Anna said...

Hey I found you on Morgan's page, I didnt realize that Morgan was your friend from Kansas but it makes total sense now! anyway my favorite wedding present was probably the money we got to buy our furniture. We def use it alot!

liz said...

definately my pink kitchen aid mixer and the attachment to make ice cream in it and my waffle cone maker.. and i still need to get the shower curtain!

Rachel Hagen said...

this isn't a wedding gift, but my mom just bought me one of those hand-held vacuums. I always thought, "80's"! But it really is wonderful. You can get in little nooks that no vacuum or hose can get to. I even find myself walking by our kitchen counter and suck up a few crumbs.