Never in my life have I experienced anything like the bone chilling cold of Rexburg, Idaho. Now I know why I decided to go to Provo for college! The weather in the past week has reached a high of maybe 12 degrees - the low? Maybe negative 40!?
Yesterday I went out to my car to leave for work (I'm substituting and LOVE it!), only to find the doors of my car ALL FROZEN shut. Trev was already at work and I could NOT get ANY of the doors to open. I pulled and pryed to no avail. I was afraid I would break the handle or door! I got smart and went in for a bowl of hot water. I poured it around the seal of the driver's side door. IT WORKED; however I found I had gotten the door open enough previously to also get water all over my seat. Lovely.
I got in the car, put on my belt and attempted to shut my door. (Mind you it's still literally negative 13.) Attempted, key word. The water I had poured had INSTANTLY froze all around the seal and joints of the door. There was so much, the door would NOT shut. I had never experienced anything like this~!
At this point my whole body is NUMB and finger purple so I just went with it. I only had to drive about a mile to the Middle School so away I went. Holding my door half way closed the whole way. It was chilly.
I made it to work on time. No frostbite. At least none that I have found yet.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Reburg = Iceburg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 educated comments:
Post a Comment