Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Emma Smith

Yesterday night, Trevor and I went to see a movie on Emma Smith. It's one of those low budget movies, but it was incredible. For those who don't know who Emma Smith is, she is the wife of the first modern-day prophet of our church. But honestly, you do not have to be LDS to appreciate this movie.


It was incredibly humbling, and just what I needed to see. That woman had the crappiest life ever. Seriously. Her faith throughout the constant moving, losing almost all her babies, seeing her husband beat up/jailed/ and finally murdered? It was just inspiring.

So even though living here is difficult for me and my husband always works and I'm (still) puking. I'm grateful I have a home and good neighbors who don't try to burn my house down. I'm grateful my husband works and isn't being tarred and feathered by other cattlemen. And I'm DANG grateful I was able to get pregnant so (TOO) easily.

Apparently, my perspective needed changing. IF you are feeling sorry for yourself, see this movie.

4 educated comments:

Mrs. Ponder said...

What a sweet post.

Morgan said...

We love love loved that movie. And it really does give you a better perspective on the things we should be grateful for. Emma is my hero.

Angela and Mike said...

Sounds like a good movie. I bet it's not playing in Vegas though :(

Janessa said...

You nerd :) Number is 714-928-3906. Email is janessa.cloward@gmail.com. I miss you too!