Confession. I am pretty much obsessed with the human body and functions thereof. Discovery Health is really the only thing I watch (barring Jack Bauer). That being said, this whole pregnancy thing has fascinated me as I witness the changes my body experiences. Some not so great. But some, are so cool. Perhaps only Mandi and Michelle and Kim (fellow health majors) can understand this weird obsession.
The coolest came last night. (I'm warning you.)
My mucus plug came out! Many women don't ever see theirs, so I've seriously been checking the toilet every time I pee for the past month just to catch a glimpse. Yes, I'm strange.
It's seriously the coolest snot-looking thing ever. I made Trevor look at it (He dry heaved and yelled at me). And, I even took a picture.
No, I won't be posting that.
Anyway. The human body is awesome. And although I hate mine right now for not pushing out this child - I still find strange satisfaction in my mucus plug.
12 educated comments:
I would have made James look too. I probably wouldn't have taken a picture, but that is awesome that you did!
hahahaha. that is so hilarious! the human body is sweet. and the fact that you actually saw your mucus plug is a rarity I'm sure.
I have decided that you need to take your babey namey badge off of your blog. I don't think it is helping your current state. I talked to my Dad about ways to induce. He got in his high pitched voice and said "She just needs to relax!" I just laughed knowing that is a lot easier said than done, and typical doctor talk. But he did seem to feel strongly that the more relaxed you are then the sooner you will go into labor. He said all the tricks to induce just make you miserable which doesn't always help. So my advice: soak up your free time. Read a good book. Get a pedicure. Heaven knows when you will be able to do that next! You are prob sick of all this advice. P.S. In your spare time go rent the waitress. It is funny. Hope your package makes is to you soon. Couple items in there might help. Love ya!
Oh Andrea you are so close!
by the way... since I am new at all this prego stuff I had to just ask my Dad what a mucus plug was. Thank you for enlightening me:) Can't wait. I will have my camera ready;) Something tells me that it would be highly entertaining to watch roche life live. Especially Trevor's reactions to all that you do. It cracks me up just thinking about it.
I think if I would have seen mine, Brian would want to have seen it too with us being nurses and all, so you're not alone in your "grossness". It's only a short matter of time now. My water broke the same day I saw a remnant of my mucous plug!
EXCITING! I saw my plug in the toilet...it is pretty interesting. I kind of wanted to fish it out and disect it a little :). And you think you are a little crazy. I went into hardcore labor shortly after that, my water started to leak. Hopefully that will start happening for you.
Could you please start a video documentary of Trevor? His reactions would absolutely hilarious to see. And do everything Kali Ponder says. She's smart.
It's all Trevor's fault, you know. From the internet:
A group of Danish researchers who studied pregnant women from 1980 to 1994 suggested that the cause for babies to be born past their due date may be the father's genes, or at least that they play a major part.
yay, you found yours! haha...the end is near if he hasn't come already! congratulations.
hahahaha.. I would have done the same thing!!! I have done something very similar to that before... youll have to ask me about it some other time so we can share really gross stories! Thanks for always keepin me in mind when you find all the amazing deals. I love the emails your sending... keep em coming!
You got to see yours. Mine was too sneaky! That sure is a good sign. Uncork the bottle and let that little boy fly on out. It really happens like that by the way. Isn't is crazy how your probably not too scared about labor anymore. God has a way of making us forget about it (crazy, I know) bacause all we want in the world is to get that baby out!!! Have you watched Bill Cosby's labor act yet? If you haven't, google it. It is the funniest thing!
Post a Comment