Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lazy Baby

Okay, so usually I use this blog to brag about my child and how perfect he is.
But, here's a reason your kid is probably cooler than mine.

Treyson is LaZy. He refuses to crawl. He's 8 months old and instead of crawling to get to where he wants. He simply rolls.
and rolls.
and rolls.

We try to teach him the crawling "position" but, he just kicks his legs and flaps his arms and screams in frustration.

um. So. I don't know what else to do to help the little immobile weiner.

Trevor just hopes the rest of his son's athletic career doesn't follow a similar pattern.
Heaven help a son who gets MY athletic genes.

14 educated comments:

Teryn said...

haha..he'll get it eventually. Some kids never do crawl, they skip that step and just start to walk.

good luck ;)

Tim and Jennifer said...

Kyle crawled the day after he turned 10 months. My reasoning? He was too fat. Boys are often slower than girls hitting these marks. You have nothing to worry about.

Angela and Mike said...

MY child DOESN'T even ROLL yet. Yep. You heard me right. 7 months...never rolled over. now THAT is lazy.

Or just Fat :)

Tara said...

like the other posters said, it may be cuz hes a big boy. brady is 6 months and cant sit up for longer than a few minutes without tipping. he didnt roll until 4.5 months and has only done it 4 times since then. our pedi says that bigger babies take longer to do things because it takes more effort/energy/hard work to do it because there is more weight to lift and it is harder for them. light weight babies do things alot earlier because it is alot easier for them.

Liz said...

haha, don't worry! miles still isn't crawling either. and travis keeps getting worried because calvin was already crawling by now and walking by 9 1/2 months. i keep telling him it's just fine! trust me, once he's crawling, you're going to wish he wasn't. your house will be a mess!

Ben N Nessa said...

HiLaRiOuS! I'm frustrated because Chloe hates "tummy time"....I imagine she will take after little Treyson and be the same way when it comes to crawling :)

melissa's life said...

I say- count your blessings. I hate the crawling stage. They just get so dirty being down on the floor.

Vanessa said...

Hey I'm in OT school and learning ALL about pediatrics this semester...I have loads of information about developmental stages and what to do to help your child reach them. Let me know if you want any of that info!

Brooke Wilkins said...

oh my, relish the non crawling, once they crawl its all over! Most babies do not crawl until 9 or 10 months. before that is way early. crawling is so annoying, seriously. Andrea you need to move here and hang out with us! :) all my girlfriends would love hanging with you! BTW sorry about your phone, that is HORRIBLE!

Sorenson family trio said...

Don't worry. David did not crawl until 10 months and then started walking at 11 months. Enjoy this rolling stage. Before you know it he will be walking and you will wish he was just rolling.
Gina

Drew and Kat said...

My little sis didn't walk until she was over 18 months old, and my parents thought something was seriously wrong with her. She runs like lightning now... The rolling sounds cute!

Beth said...

No worries! Jacob was a "roller" too... we would tease him and put things just out of reach to make him roll for it! It was kind of funny, but he got really strong rolling for things he wanted.

Finally he is running without falling! There is hope!

Lindsey said...

haha. I wish I could see the rolling around! but don't worry Brady is basically 6 months and he can't really even roll over! He has done it a few times by himself but just doesn't want to move yet I guess.

I'm ok with it though. Him being lazy is just a little bit easier on me :)

The Webers said...

No worries...Trent didn't crawl...EVER!! He would walk around on his knees, then after he was a year old, he started walking on his feet. Everyone told me he needed to crawl or he wouldn't be able to read well....not so! He's a great reader and he's a great worker...so don't give up. He'll either crawl, walk on his knees, or walk when he's ready!! :-)