Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oakley (almost) 4 months

The girls turn 4 months in a couple weeks. I've been so horrible documenting the details of their personality/growth, but, we've been a little busy so I'll cut myself some slack.
My eldest daughter, Oakley June.
Oakie. You've given me more a run for my money than your other siblings. The colic combined with your firey temperment was a little rough, but it's improving daily. You have more personality than I ever imagined a baby having. You have an opinion already from what position you are laid in, or what side you nurse on (right side always)....you know what you want. When you are tired, you scream and scream and scream and are inconsolable. I usually just have to stick you in your swing because it's the only thing that seems to work at that point. Church is horrible b/c it falls right during your afternoon nap. You and I spend most of the time in the hall...walking and walking...You are a little smaller than your sister. Probably b/c you eat to live only. It's okay though, I've dealt with a baby like that before! You sleep through the night - which is amazing. You have a harder time napping during the day. You are attentive, inquisitive and wide eyed. You don't give up smiles for anyone...we have to work for it. You are just becoming fascinated with your hands and toys. You have an obsession with your tongue. You squeal so loudly and high pitched. I fear you are blessed with more my personality than your dads. I tell your dad, you are the one who is going to be my best friend and biggest challenge come 2025. All the challenges of your personality have bonded us quite tight.

1 educated comments:

Meredith said...

Time flys with kids. It feels like you can never document enough of their little phases and favorites. You're doing perfectly my dear. Awww, Oakie,little squeaky wheel! This too shall pass...it gets better.