In our church, we do not baptize till the age of 8. Infants are instead, given a name and a blessing from their father or another worthy holder of the Melchizedek Priesthood. Trevor did an amazing job. I was a little distracted due to the fact Reagan leaked pee ALL over herself, her dress and me. She was blessed first due to the pee and due to the fact Oakley was sleeping and I knew she would scream. In true Oakley fashion, she screamed the first minute, but then settled down. It made me laugh.
The one thing that stood out to me was a blessing that they would have a special bond and friendship which would last far beyond the rhelm of this world. Sometimes, I'm so caught up in "managing" the twins, I forget to remember how special they are. No doubt they will help each other and stand by each other at times even I can not.
We were blessed to have many friends and family here. Just for memory's sake the men who stood in the circle to bless the girls were: Grandpa Roche, Vernon Roche, Ryan Roche, Great Grandpa Muir, Dan Furhiman, Hootie Roche and, of course, Trevor. My heart hurt knowing my own dad and brothers couldn't be there, but such is life. It was a very special time.
Afterwards, the madness began and we had a little (large) luncheon at our house. My OCD went out the window and we tried to feed, and control, the masses confined in our small house. When all was said and done, it was a beautiful day. I'm still exhausted, but it was well worth it. So grateful for all those who were there, physically, and in spirit. We are blessed with a beautiful, healthy, family and it is not something we take lightly. Heavenly Father sent these little spirits here and our eternity has changed forever because of it.
Now here's a ton of photos in no order.
The one thing that stood out to me was a blessing that they would have a special bond and friendship which would last far beyond the rhelm of this world. Sometimes, I'm so caught up in "managing" the twins, I forget to remember how special they are. No doubt they will help each other and stand by each other at times even I can not.
We were blessed to have many friends and family here. Just for memory's sake the men who stood in the circle to bless the girls were: Grandpa Roche, Vernon Roche, Ryan Roche, Great Grandpa Muir, Dan Furhiman, Hootie Roche and, of course, Trevor. My heart hurt knowing my own dad and brothers couldn't be there, but such is life. It was a very special time.
Afterwards, the madness began and we had a little (large) luncheon at our house. My OCD went out the window and we tried to feed, and control, the masses confined in our small house. When all was said and done, it was a beautiful day. I'm still exhausted, but it was well worth it. So grateful for all those who were there, physically, and in spirit. We are blessed with a beautiful, healthy, family and it is not something we take lightly. Heavenly Father sent these little spirits here and our eternity has changed forever because of it.
Now here's a ton of photos in no order.
We have the same picture of Ryan (Trevor's brother) and Treyson. Either he's really good with babies or he's really boring....they always fall to sleep.
Miss Alice Teal. Trevor's cousins' daughter. She and Treyson look like siblings.
Notice both girls are screaming. Notice my tan thanks to the nector of the Gods - Bare Escentuals "faux Tan' Buy it. You'll thank me.
9 educated comments:
Congratulations! Your girls looks so much like their older brother! :)
you survived! that day was a stressful chaotic one...I remember! (well at least ours was, and yours sounded similar.)
Treyson cracks me up! He warms my little heart, because he makes the twins sound normal! The kids the twins age around here are easy, minding little angels...the twins are slight heathens! But then ...nope, other 2 year olds are just like them when I read about Trey.
Poor Oakley! So you think she's colicky because her tummy hurts? My meg was a soy baby. Took me 8 months to realize that's why she was a fussy baby. Finally after sticking with soy for 3 weeks, she became an angel! Seriously...she was the best darn baby/toddler/child after that! She still is.
I hope you figure it all out!
Thank you for posting this honey. Sunday was a day of mixed emotions: so happy for your family but so very sad that we were not able to be there. It all looks beautiful. The Roche's are so lucky to have you near so they can enjoy those sweet kiddos on a daily basis.Miss you.
I heard all about those dresses from your mom and am so glad I got to see them. They are beautiful, how fitting for your beautiful girls!!
CONGRATS Andrea!! Your girls are absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and I am SO impressed that you can handle 3 little ones so well! I don't think I could! :)
BTW, you look UH-MAZ-ING. Seriously.
Wish I could have been there. Looks like it was a wonderfully crazy day. Ryan would have loved to have stood in the circle. As I am sure you Dad aches over the fact he wasn't there. We were definitely all there in spirit. The girls were beautiful. What a special day. I am going to have to try your self tanner. If it works as well as you say I will kiss your face. If it makes me turn orange I will send you hate mail. JK. :) Hope you are having a relaxing week so far after the weekend. Love ya!
what a special day!! the girl's dresses are absolutely stunning and you all look just beautiful!!
i'm so glad the day was so wonderful for you--you deserve it! food looks yummy, the girls look precious & your family is darling.
i know it must be hard living in a small town & there's all the annoying parts i probably don't see-but it seems like such simple living i wish for some times! and how lucky for trey to work with his dad! i love it.
beautiful photos!-love their dresses. and, you look amazing :)
Post a Comment