Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Porch Picnic



Treyson wanted to go on a picnic today, but the babies were in testy moods so the front porch is as far as we got. I've had a lot of mom guilt not being able to take TReyson to all these amazing places simply because of the twins. I'm realizing now, what is most fun to him, doesn't require much effort.
We watched all the farmers' tractors drive by, ate hot dogs and tomatoes (and peas for the babies), got super excited when the mail man brought Halloween treats from MiMi and practices trick or treating about 190893 times with the new treat bucket. I had to explain to Treyson that screaming "I WANT CANDY NOW!" when someone answersthe door, is probably not the best idea.
Here's some pics of our adventure on our front porch (Or rather, front step....)



Jumping stepping stone from stepping stone. (Trevor wants to pour concrete here...I'm torn. Trey loves these little stones as ugly as they are)
Just a note. Usually Treyson is dressed....but we're doing potty training round 2 and it's easier for him to just have undies...
"Sam is soft!"
"MOMMY It's Mimi's dog, Sam! I go on airplane and see MiMi and Papa" (True story mom. direct quote.)
I asked him to show me how excited he was for his package.

5 educated comments:

Julie said...

Hey Andrea, I found your blog while reading another blog. Anyway, it's Julie from Helaman Halls. Holy cow, twins! We just had our first 5 months ago and 1 takes everything out of me, so you are amazing in my book. Your little family is beautiful. Congrats!

And P.S. You are a beautiful mom. I know how you feel (oh, do I). At this very moment I am looking down and my unshaved legs. But I just wanted you to know you look absolutely beautiful. Mom suits you well.

Mrs. Ponder said...

You are such a good mommy and so smart to realize these things so early on. Chucky Cheese, Disneyland, Monkey Business, Lagoon---just not necessary for a happy childhood. In fact, YOUR moments are most memorable. I promise.

Now....about the airplane......don't disappoint the child.

John & Michelle said...

So thankful I found you while reading another blog! LOVE your 9/30/11 Quirk post! We moved into our home on 4/16 and were hit by an f4 tornado on 4/27. Before that day, I could go into any home store and find something that would look great in our home. Now I (with Piper) walk through stores and come out with nothing. What the tornado didn't take away when the roof came off, the water and insulation destroyed. We were all home and survived without injury - but our home is still "naked". Oh well! Piper doesn't care as long as we giggle together and share breakfast while watching Mickey's clubhouse!

Dedre said...

he seriously makes me want to have a boy. He's KILLER cute!

J & J said...

hahaha that last photo is PRICELESS. i love it. the twins are yummy. we're doing it, aren't we?? i praise you for doing 3. one day i'll get there, but today is not that day.