Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Some Days...





Some days being a mom are really REALLY hard.
Like, I cry a lot hard.
Yesterday was one of those days.
7 months of exhaustion hit.
Trevor was gone again.
I haven't had a break in weeks.
And I found myself thinking, "HOW am I going to do this again tomorrow?"
ungrateful Andrea strikes again.

And then, my sister in law showed me some of the pictures she took of our family at my sister's wedding.
And I was reminded of how truly "beautiful" everything about my life is.
The hard times are challenging for me.
But, they are always followed by good times.

And, some day, I will master this positive outlook deal.
Why does it come SO easy to some (My best friend Lacy...), and others, like me, struggle?

Thanks Kali, for making my family look as perfect as they really are. ;)

12 educated comments:

Anonymous said...

Those first 2 pictures...those lips are to DIE for! You have a beautiful family!

Lacy_joy said...

OH my goodness. I am so jealous of your beautiful family. We both just need to be around each other to have positive outlooks. I love and miss you. Can't wait to visit Idaho..it will be within the next year...love you!

Marissa said...

You might just have the prettiest family on the planet : )

And, I needed to read this tonight. I am in the same exact boat right now.

Vanessa said...

You have no idea how much I admire you--you are super woman! And those are the most gorgeous pictures I have ever seen :)

Karissa Kay said...

i don't have twins so i don't know exactly how exhausted you must feel but i do sympathize with you on some level. Being a mom is HARD! You always seem to be so put together though. It seems like motherhood comes naturally to you. Plus, your kids are to die for cute!

Kali said...

I am glad I posted those when I did then! Your family is picture perfect and it was so fun for all of us to be together taking pictures. Especially, with as crazy as the weekend was (we didn't have enough time!). Can't wait to finish the rest and for you to have some wall art you love. Love and miss you all.

Dedre said...

oh my gosh...we both had bad days on the same day. wow. I seriously think maybe we were sisters in another life....oh wait..we were..ok so I really think in the before life we were twin sisters!

You say you look up to me? ARE you kidding...you are much more impressive than I. You have 3 kids under 3. AND....you raise them alone A LOT. Taryn may work a lot..but he's still here. Trevor is GONE.

You are amazing...and bad days suck big time! :) So glad to hear you are normal!

Tara said...

wow, your kids are GORGEOUS, andrea!

if it makes you feel any better, i caught brady squirting 409 in peytons eyes today. i leave the room for less than 2 minutes to switch the laundry.

we spent 3 hours in the hospital. i have never seen a baby in so much pain in my entire life.

they strapped him down. forced his eyes open with tools and did several "washes".

hardest day of my life. i was **SO** angry with brady and so heartbroken and in physical pain over what peyton was going through.

Meredith said...

Andrea,
I can't say I know what you are going through although I too have baby twin girls and a spunky other single child. My husband works tons, studies a lot with a demanding calling. I have days when I just want to sit and stare at a wall and be dumb because I can't stand another person bugging me for SOMETHING! I compare myself to other peoples families when no other family on earth is going to be exactly the same as ours...the truth is no one on earth knows what your going through, so we have to turn to Christ to carry us through the night so in the morning we can face our little monsters and love them all over again. I know you know this but just know you have a band of weary mother friends behind you secretly facing the same challenges. Even if they don't have the guts to blog about it!

Laura said...

You are doing great! One mantra I often use is, "Don't sweat the small stuff, ... It's all small stuff." You really don't give yourself enough credit. And, if we already had this down, HF wouldn't have sent us here to learn. One day at a time...

Whit said...

Gorgeous! Did you know that we snatched Kali up as our wedding photographer? We're stoked!!

Lisa said...

could you have a more beautiful family? I think not. I love these pictures.