Monday, August 31, 2009

great news

I had to share some happy news for our family! We are currently living in the biggest "real" city outside the small town of Parma where the "home place" (aka cows) are. We really needed to be closer to Trevor's work, especially as the busy season is just around the corner (Yes, he gets even busier) and many late nights/early mornings/allnighters are soon in Trevor's future.

We had found a place to rent in Parma and expected to move in a week, but I just felt uncomfortable with the situation. I didn't like the house. It was clean, but it was so small. It would suffice, but it wasn't making me excited. Being in the country is going to be hard enough for this city girl; I wanted to at least feel comfortable in our home where I knew I'd be spending a LOT more time. (Target is 25 minutes away....no "hour" trips for $1.50 popcorn and DC...)

Tonight, something came up out of the blue. For just a little bit more money, we just went from 1100 sq ft. to 2800 sq ft. (I have enough furniture to fill up about TWO rooms haha). I went from simple, tacky thin wood doors to BEADBOARD. BEADBOARD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! I went from a dusty, yard to gorgeous green grass, a wood deck, a fireplace walk out basement, and a playground the size of my old elementary school's. And the view, oh the view.

I will post pictures soon. And, of course, we're just renting for now, but anyone that has searched for rentals in a town of 1500 knows how difficult it can be. Anyone that knows how hard it has been for me to transition to the country and how important a home is to me GETS IT!!!!

SO excited. My heart is so happy.
blessings rock.
okay. over and out.
trey is still awake. little night owl.
pictures soon. I want to convince people to visit me.

9 educated comments:

Brett and Lex said...

CONGRATS! That sounds beautiful!!!

Danny and Shalayne said...

YAY! That is so exciting!!! I know how you feel...we're currently looking for a home. blah.

Teryn said...

yay! sounds like a wonderful place to live ;) I'm going to e-mail you tomorrow to tell you our for sure plans for this weekend.... I think dinner on Friday may work :) talk to you soon.

Rachel Hagen said...

Woot! Woot! Congrats! I do know how important a home is. I'm glad you're happy and not settling.

Alisa said...

yay!!! congrats!!! this is a big deal, I'm happy for you.

Mrs. Ponder said...

YEAH!!!!! It as so nice to hear the "happy" in your voice last night. A home is SO important---esp when you are bound there with a little one. So excited to see you and my little man. (Treyson, not your brother, ha ha)

Tara said...

aw, yay!!!! soooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!!! congrats girl!!!!!!!

Sara Parr said...

Yay! Now you DEFINITELY need more kids. (Pretty sure God put me on this earth to be your instigator.)

Megan and Mike said...

yes POST PIC... that is soooo fun! I wish I had that much space... im feeling more and more crowded just with the babies stuff and she isnt even here yet! ahhh lucky you