Saturday, August 1, 2009

back.

Here are some updates from our life the past 2 weeks. random. u love it.

1. Spent several long days at the fair. At which we (we meaning Trevor/hisdad/his sister...I had nothing to do with it. obviously) won first. and second. This appeased my ridiculously competitive husband. EAT BEEF.

2. still haven't found a new place to live. We're looking at buying or renting at this point. Trevor wants a " really good deal" near the ranch. I just want a place where I feel comfortable letting Trey crawl on the carpet...or eat the carpet, as he does lately. Our town is an interesting mix of white trash and those from south of the border. Nothing against EITHER groups, just makes finding a home up to my standards (aka HIGH) difficult. For those who have asked. We were renting. LOVE the house. The landlord can't meet the mortgage so is upping the rent to $1200 a month....ridic for this barrio.

3. yesterday, I got a package. from my best friend morgan. She is one of the only ones who really appreciates my lack of fashion sense. (Target clearance aisles and yard sales aren't the best place for fashion.) She, on the other hand, is a walking Vogue magazine. How we came together? who knows. anyway. She felt sorry for me and sent me a ton of her "old" (aka last season) clothes. I love being her DI. I love her. I love my new clothes which will stay nice for a week before Trey spits up/pukes up/poops up on them.

4. Speaking of yard sales. I bought a nice. working. treadmill for $20 today. I know. you're impressed.

5. Trevor is still a rancher. Trevor is still young mens president. Trevor is still taking over the world. Trevor is still hot. Trevor still works 7 days a week. Andrea is still complaining. BUT I'm working on it. I promise. I hate being a complainer. And since we're on the topic of weaknesses, I'm also trying to not care what people think. Even about this blog.

6. morgan sent me a pair of skinny jeans. two miracles: 1. I fit in them. 2. Trevor likes them. I never thought that day would come. Trevor wants everyone to know, however, he will NEVER EVER EVER wear skinny jeans. He'd rather die. I will vouch. He is serious.

7. Treyson is still cute. But, now Treyson has decided he is so done with nursing. HE WONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I, DO NOT know what to do. My milk is drying up (TMI?) and I cried today about it. Everytime I try, he bites me and refuses. Am I going to have to start stinky formula? Worse yet, are my nursing boobs going to be gone? I won't be able to fill out my bathing suit AGAIN.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........HELP!

8. I'm still bitter about no vacations. I want to know how everyone affords them. I mean this in the nosiest, yet sweetest, non sarcastic way. THEY ARE SO EXPENSIVE. If anyone wants to let me in on your traveling fund secrets, please do so. I'm trying to make something work for us. In the meantime, I'm going to stop reading blogs because everyone seems to be going on thousands of trips and it causes me to covet. badly. horribly.

9. I am growing out my natural color. (I know what you're going to say Mrs. Parr) But I'm addicted to bleach. I want to be slightly un addicted. Bets on how long I'll last? Thus, if in the near future you see pictures of me and think "She's going to hell in a handbasket FAST", just know I'm doing it on purpose. (But don't ask me to give up my JODY dresses Moe....)

10. I'll probably reread this post and find it horribly lame and annoying. Then, I will proceed to delete it. So read fast.

The end.
for now.
and no pictures.
till tomorrow.
at which, you will see treyson. hot husband. roots.
and maybe a cow or two. because they follow me. haunt me.

22 educated comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I know in California, landlords are only allowed to raise rent 7 percent once a year. I would imagine there are laws similar to that for each state. My landlord just got laid off and we were worried they were going to raise the rent to cover it, but they can't.

Hope that helps!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh, and on vacations, we leave for Hawaii this week courtesy of my parents. They are super kind. BUT - after that, we're putting half of hubs paycheck away for a year to afford something. They are super expensive.

Tara said...

we cant afford any vacations right now-or anytime soon. with me not working, it is hard. when i was working-pre baby days-it was my paychecks that were our fun money. matts paychecks paid the bills. so, you do the math. tara not working = no fun for this family anytime soon.

im actually thinking of watching a baby in my home a few days a week to make some fun money. gives brady a play mate, allows me to still stay home and gives us some disposable income...

as far as the nursing, you could just start pumping and bottle feeding him your milk.

Carrie said...

You're so funny Andrea! Your blog cracks me up.

Marisha said...

you know how much time you put into couponing? (which i assume you put time into it from your blog, but if i asssumed wrong think of trey and all the time you put into him) that's how much time i put into planning future vacations! it takes time and lots of patience.

here's my tips:
first, you need an idea of when you might be able to travel. for example, leave friday return monday.

second, know what airlines fly out out of your airport and are the cheapest. ex: southwest, travelocity, side step.

third, know what kind of vacation you want. fly to florida, see disney. fly to cali, leave on a crusie. fly to a sandals resort.

forth, know which one of your friends can hook you up. not in a bad, take advantage of you way. but in a they work for disney and can give you a discount. every little bit helps.

fifth, pay attention to sales, discounts, when things are cheaper. airline tickets are generally cheaper tues and weds and late at night/into the early morning. then start putting in dates and places and playing with it. you have to keep track of whats the average price so when you see a deal you can jump on it. kinda like the song...

anways, hope that helps. i love vactaion planning, if you need any help let me know!

Jessica said...

Im so glad yoy are back!
We take little vacations and usually do it with family so its cheaper.
You are coming to KS soon, we'll make sure you can have fun!
That sucks about the house, you should try and buy if you can, it's a good time to invest.
Did you get our card?

Angela and Mike said...

Mike is YM pres too! By the way, I applaud your attempt to become UN bleeched...however, I don't know how long you'll be able to stick with it :) haha. Once you go blonde you can't go back!

jenna said...

i like this post.
i want pictures NOW.
i'm stressed about your milk.
call me.

Brett and Lex said...

You are hilarious! Sounds like your family is doing great! Sorry about Trey not nursing! You're still hot even without nursing boobs! HAHA! Way to rock the skinny jeans! I don't even dare!

Teryn said...

My best advise for a vacation is to budget what you can each month towards a "vaca fund" PLUS every time you get change from a purchase, put it in two jars, one for everything silver, the other for pennies. By this time next year you would be AMAZED at how much extra money that adds up to.. we're talking an extra couple hundred dollars.. which isn't going to cover the vacation, but, could help pay for something like your food while you're on vacation :)

About the nursing thing.. have you started having periods again? I started mine again when Claira was 7 months. Anyway, that shift in hormones can cause a different smell and then the baby doesn't like it, so they don't breastfeed. It was just a phase for Claira, eventually, she started nursing again. While she wasn't nursing, I pumped and fed her in a bottle. It really does stink to loose those awesome nursing boobs though ;) I want mine back! haha!

Drew and Kat said...

Too funny! Congratulations to the cows!!! They must have done awesome at the fair! Too cute!

Our blog is one of the worst to read, because we probably look crazy with the vacations we take! We put EVERYTHING, even my husband's crazy USC tuition, on a miles CC. It adds up and we got free tickets to Africa, and almost have another free international ticket. It's worth researching what can be paid with a miles card, and transferring things over to that! (even though i HATE cc's!!!!)

So my family has a cabin in Northern California, near Yosemite (have you been?). Drew and I are going for labor day week, and there are plenty of extra rooms, totally free, all you would have to do is drive there. I am officially inviting you guys to join us!!! Beautiful place!

Mitzi said...

Vacations: We don't really take any. However, since we just moved back to Utah, we used our cross-country drive as an opportunity to see some things. Otherwise, we won't have a vacation for at least 3 years. My suggestion is to find things you've never been to near family members. AKA, Silver Dollar City near Kansas. It's driving distance, and if you guys were up to a lot of driving, could potentially do it without having to spend the night in a hotel.

I'm so sorry about the nursing situation you're in. I've struggled so hard with my little Ellen, and we're done. She couldn't physically get all of the milk out of my body, so it stopped producing. I tried pumping, but even pumping couldn't get it all out. We just made the absolute switch to formula last week. I don't advocate it, but I'm grateful that it's there if you need it. I can't say that I actually enjoyed nursing, but now that I'm not, I miss it. Just the morning feeding in my bed - but it was a sweet moment when she'd smile after being full. So, try hard...but don't beat yourself up if it doesn't work out. If you do end up switching to formula, there are a few tips to make it easier/less messy, so let me know if you want some info.

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

Yay! You are back! Vacations. We try to do little things that are close and cheap. Like even flying to Austin from here can be SUPER cheap. And San Fran. So see what cities have killer deals from where you are.

Nursing. Well, you know my story. I tried hard for a month and then had to switch to formula because of all the medical reasons. It was a very sad moment and I really struggled with all the "you suck if you can't nurse" propaganda out there. But I finally got to the point where I was like "screw you all, have fun with a baby stuck to your boob all the time" and made lists in my head of all the great things about NOT nursing :) Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right? I will ALWAYS try nursing first, of course but people pissed me off to the point of obstinance and pride. My fault :) Although having a RANDOM person try to get in my face about it AT THE PARK was enough to make me want to smack her.

Hopefully though you won't be on hypo allergenic NASTY stuff that costs $25 a can and last for three to four days (i kid you not). Yea, do the math. OUCH!

Anyway, I'm sure it's just a phase. He could be teething. I hear they get weird about nursing for a while. It could be a number of things. I bet it'll work out. Hang in there dear.

Sara Parr said...

Yay, a shout out! But hey, I understand. Remember, I used the box ($8.97 at Target!) for about 10 years. So see...there are ways, Andrea, there are WAYS! Where's your dedication?!(Juuuust kidding, of course. You always look so put together...any hair color would look great on you!) Glad you're back. Cool header picture!

Morgan said...

I'm glad you received my package. Wear the skinny jeans with the tunic you have. It will look cute.

Shea McGee said...

Syd checked ticket sites every day for a month - we got our tickets to Hawaii for the same price it costs for us to fly round-trip to Salt Lake! Plus, we are going in Sept. because that's when everyone goes back to school and the travel business slows.

Steph said...

I want Mo's hand-me-downs! You're lucky! But, I think you always look great.

1200 is ridiculous! I hope you find something CLEAN and NICE! My parents found something, but it's over in Meridian, near Kuna High School. hmmm...I'll have her ask around to see if my aunt knows of anything. Are you trying to stay in the Caldwell area?

Oh, and if it puts it in perspective, we used to go to Boise for "vacations" away from Weiser ;) lol.

Janessa said...

You kill me. I can't afford vacations either. My best friend is going to the Bahamas tomorrow and wants me to come. Bahamas, or grad school (which I can miraculously pay for without loans). I chose grad school. I may regret this in October.

Lindsey S. said...

Bailey justs watched the video with me. I think she is in love!

Lindsey S. said...

And for the vacation thing I just got back from my family reunion(so it was paid for) but james didn't get to get off work because we can't afford it. we go to bear lake this week with his family (also paid for) but he won't be coming until friday because again we can't afford for him to take off work. it's depressing really so i hear ya. it's not much of a vacation when your husband isn't with you. stupid money. one day...

eden and david said...

glad that you are "back" your blog is so fun to read. i love how candid you can be, it is so refreshing.