Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Just a Regular Day....

Conversation held today between my eternal companion and me:

Trevor: Oh, Andrea, I bought some cows today.
Andrea: Lovely. How many?
Trevor: 300 (cough cough)
Andrea: What the crap are we going to do with 300 cows?
Trevor: Make money
Andrea: Wait, how much did those cost?
Trevor: (chuckles and tells me the price)
Andrea: As in A PIECE?
Trevor: Yep. Don't tell anyone.


Cows are expensive, but apparently, an investment. Some people buy houses, we buy four legged poop machines. We are officially poor. I will not be shopping again until 2040. Monetary donations accepted.
(It's really okay with me. Trev is a smart little cookie.)

10 educated comments:

Alisa said...

Oh my gosh...ha ha, this is really funny!! I have to admit, I never imagined Andrea Ponder marrying a man who spends his money on cows!!

Steph said...

haha :) what a funny investment, yet smart!

Kelly said...

aaahhh hahahahaha!! Im laughing so hard right now at your comments at the end. HAHAHA!! oh p.s. Welcome to my life. We dont have cows (aka 4 legged pooping machines )but maybe we will someday after Rog is out of med school.

Katie (Feuz) Nielsen said...

how funny! I try to imagine a conversation like that taking place between Kai and me. What an interesting world you cattle ranchers live in.

Angela and Mike said...

300? Holy cow! Seriously. haha. Where are you going to put all of them?

jenna said...

you have $375,000 in the bank?! IMPRESSIVE!

jenna said...

shows how much i know. i am pretty sure this is why andrew keeps me out of the finances.

Rachel Hagen said...

This is sounds like a conversation Mick and I had about two weeks before marriage. "Oh yeah, all the founders of Zinch had to invest @#$%@$ of our own personal money into the company. And obviously I don't have that, so we're @#$%@$ much in debt. Cool?" It sounds like our husbands are very similar. Except one belongs in NYC while the other in Idaho. I also love how Trev told you not to tell anyone and you posted it. awesome. I too agree we were meant to be friends.

Sheryl said...

Girlfriend...you will be shopping WAY before then, but in the meantime you can dig through the trash :)...cows=money...please share the wealth one day.

Mrs. Ponder said...

Check is in the mail, baby.
xoxo
Mom