
I have become officially baby hungry. In the words of my best friends, "Andrea has been ready to be a mom since she was 12." Partially true, minus a short stint of determination to be the best female doctor in the world.
Now, Trev and I are waiting some time before we bring another Roche into the world. Birth control is still in effect. We are hoping our lovely older brothers and their wives will HURRY so we can spoil our neices/nephews ridiculously.
But the more and more I think about it, the more scared I get. I have this SICK feeling I won't be able to have children or carry them. It's a REAL fear that sort of haunts me anytime I think about it. Trev says I'm nuts.
Do any other females ever worry about this? Am I nuts?
Saturday, March 15, 2008
petit bebe...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 educated comments:
Hey Andrea-- I wish I had known we are so much alike! I had that total fear too... partially medical, partially not, but of course I had a kid. And everyone said that I've wanted one since I was 12 too (I was the neighborhood babysitter). I think it's a fear a lot of girls have because you don't know until it happens!
Ya, i didn't know what to do either. I have watched megan do it a million times, but i was scared! First you have to sand it good. Sand it until all the shine on the surface is gone. Until you can feel the natural wood, without the slick feeling of a primer on top. Then you prime it. We painted our's on, but i think you can spray it too. Then you paint it. We used a small roller and brush combo. Even a smaller brush to get into the knooks and crannies. When the paint is dry, see if you want to do a second coat. We bought expensive paint, but worth it because it covered well, and we only had to use one coat. We also like a little of the "streeks" showing through. Then i sanded the edges and gave it a little distressed feel. Then spray it with a polly-eurthane (sp?). One can should be enough. And once that's dry, your good to go. Its pretty easy and this was my first attempt and i was happy with it. Good luck!
I know how you feel!! I am obsessed with Baby Bjorns, and have gotten so close to buying one sometimes!! They make me want to have a baby sooo bad whenever I see a baby in one...=)
FYI, my sister-in-law is prego, and instead of it making the baby thing worse, I think it makes you want one ten times more with all the baby talk!
Your babies will be soo cute with their blonde hair blue eyes! You remind me of myself with your worrying!=) I think it comes with the motherly instinct in women!=) Your little ones have to ride little sheep like trevor did, so stinkin cute!
I think it happens to most girls right after they get married. It happened to me big time. I'm glad we waited because now is the only time you get to just have each other. I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything but I love that we had 2 years to do whatever we wanted. Give it a few more months and you'll change your mind or just ask a friend if you can watch their kid for a day! :)
Ok one more comment...I was reading your friend's comment about furniture and I had to look at her dresser (it looked great)! Basically if I hadn't learned how to refinish furniture we wouldn't have any. Now I think it is so fun because I love to see what I can do. Finding the best deal and making it look great is one of the best things about being a thrifty student couple. Jump on in! You have such cute style I know you will make anything look great. :)
andrea please. i am the queen of this worry. it is completely haunting to me. i guess we just have faith and hope it works out. the lord will take care of you.
Welcome to the world of a newly wed! Its like a rollercoaster of being crazy baby hungry and then wanting to spend the rest of your life with your wonderful husband w/o worrying about kids! I am always up and down. Tyler stresses out a ton that when we do want kids, we wont be able to have them. I try not to think about it. I just keep hoping that I will get prego on accident so I dont have to worry about this major decision!
yeah, i totally know how you feel. i'm first a tad bit worried about the not getting married part first. But I want to adopt, so if i dont cary a baby, i WILL still be a mom! don't fear though.
You are not nuts...I get scared too. I haven't tried to get pregnant yet... but I sure hope I get pregnant FAST so I don't have to worry.
I don't know if others have that fear but I certainly did. Obviously, the worrying paid off as I have five adorable children and two amazing more that joined up with the Ponder clan this past fall. I'm a very lucky mom.
Post a Comment