Monday, March 3, 2008

Staying Home on a Friday Night

I must admit, never, in a million years did I think I would be staying home on a Friday night. Marriage does strange things to you. I was always the one, through high school and college DETERMINED to plan or attend a social event better than last weekend's. I thrived in social settings and found much of my identity in this. It helped to have friends who shared common interests and live in college town saturated with social opportunities.

Part of me really misses those opportunities (and I, OF COURSE, miss all my "grown up" friends scattered across the nation). I miss meeting new people and subsequently adding friends to my facebook (I just had an argument with Trev who sad I couldn't offer a 5 second bio of every friend on facebook....FYI I could!) The other part? I sort of like sitting home with my husband reading and eating take out - followed by a 1030pm bedtime.




That being said, has anyone read any good books lately? I'm dying for some new, quality reads.

5 educated comments:

Rachel Hagen said...

I totally understand this. The first few months of our marriage we were the biggest hermits. Now we hardly ever do anything with the two of us!! I'm reading THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL right now. I was inspired by the movie that's just about to come out (or maybe already has). But it's a really good book. I recommend it.

Anonymous said...

Of course there is always the Twilight series...I'm officially sucked in! And then my friend just recommended The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. I am just about to start it and I'm so excited!!

Anonymous said...

I would recommend The Lovely Bones, The Five People You Meet in Heaven, they've been out a while, but I loved them. I've been wanting to read My Sister's Keeper... everyone I know says it's really good...

Sheryl said...

I'm starting to read A New Earth...Oprah's book club book...i dont know, its kind of slow right now, or im just slow but oprah reminds me DAILY to read it so i think you should too!

Becky said...

haha i've always been a night bum and gone to bed at 10:30 - even while IN college. im the same to this day!! as for good books, i recommend the gift by richard paul evans. its very inspirational and not overdramatic. i cried, nonetheless.