Saturday, February 7, 2009

baby.

I normally don't post about very "emotional" things (instead I vent to my husband who usually looks at me with a really confused look as I do) - but I just have to say, this baby has changed ME forever. I always heard moms say that, but it's just one of things you don't "get" till it happens.
He is SO perfect. I seriously lay awake at night just listening to him breathe because I'm so afraid I'll fall asleep, wake up and realize he's gone. It's that good. It's such a humbling experience every day to know I have no idea what's going on, and feel so inadequate -yet Treyson still is happy and has no idea how clueless his mom is.
I worry every minute of every day and night about him - his skinny legs, his weight in general, his milk intake, my milk production, the color of his poop, his strange panting when he first falls asleep, his circumsicion on Tuesday.......I've always been a worrier - now I'm nuts. I need to learn to control it.
I just can't believe God trusted ME with this little stud.

He's way too good for me.

23 educated comments:

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

I love the picture ... how cute!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Those boots are awesome! You have to go back for the circumcision? Yuck! We did it at the hospital before we left and Tim actually watched. I didn't see a thing. Poor guy. Being a mom is great and you'll forever be happy you wrote down your feelings these past few days.

Kali said...

That is the most adorable picture. Where did you get those boots??? It is a mini Trevor!

Kali said...

I mean HE is a mini Trevor! ;)

Steph said...

haha...LOVE the boots!

Lindsey S. said...

Cute pic! I think it's normal to worry. You just love him so much. Bailey still sleeps in our room because I don't dare let her sleep in another room with out me!

Stephanie said...

He looks so cute and little.

Stephanie said...

Oh and I don't think the worrying ever stops...that just means you're a selfless mom.

Anonymous said...

I am loving that picture! He is darling! The worrying never stops, just like Stephanie said. As they get older obviously the worrying changes into bigger and better things...but it will always be there! :)

Alisa said...

oh my....cutest pictures ever! LOVE the boots! I bet you're such a fantastic mom Andrea!! Can't wait to see you someday with this little guy!

BriANDaleen said...

Ok, that's seriously the cutest picture! I know how you feel. It's a very humbling experience to realize how much our Heavenly Father trusts us, to give us such a perfect gift and we're supposed to not only raise them, but try not to harm them! I love it!

Liz said...

ah, that is one handsome little baby! i'm so glad you get to be a mom and learn what it's all about. let's meet in the middle between there and portland someday and let our boys play. deal?

Angela and Mike said...

haha, look at those little cowboy boots. It's fun to read about all your feelings since that's what I'll be doing in just a couple weeks. It's like you give me a heads up of everything I'll be going thru.

I have no idea what I'm doing either...hopefully Colton won't care!

Ben N Nessa said...

LOVE that picture! You're making me anxious to be a Mom :)

Alisha said...

That is SOO cute!! I love it! He is such an adorable little guy!!

Katie (Feuz) Nielsen said...

good to know...thanks for the info! How darling is your little man? Can you believe just two years ago we were living together in college? Now you're a wife AND a mother!

Cathy said...

YAY! What a great post. You don't sound like a crazy worrier - you sound like a person who is absolutely enveloped in love :)

I'm excited for that. And yes, the waiting is the hard part. Every weird pain I feel I wonder...is this it? NOPE. And one of my friends just had a baby about two hours ago and she is due TWO WEEKS after me. Gotta love it.

Becky said...

it's so true. becoming a mother does something to you that you can't describe. it just happens. i cant get over his boots. classic roche man.

J & J said...

those boots are killing me. love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh Andrea he is so precious! YEs, those are all normal feelings. It is truly amazing to not need much sleep. But it will soon catch up with you to the point you want to cry yourself because you can't seem to sleep without worrying about your little guy. ADORABLE! I am glad all went well with the delivery. A scary thing to put our bodies so close to the door of death when delivering our babies. I ended up getting HELLP syndrome from the delivery. Crazy how things work out for the best so we can do it all over again.

erin said...

I was just now able to get on the internet, and the first thing I did was check your blog because I knew Treyson was coming soon. CONGRATS! What an insane story. I'm so happy that you and him are healthy and doing so well. Thanks for telling all of the crazy details. That's what I love best about your blog.

Mandi said...

Oh you sweetheart. I told you! You get it now. So, this pictures is adorable. I'm proud of you! You're a mom now. The worrying never stops, but does get better :)

Alan & Connie Weber said...

Where did you get those boots! this picture is adorable!!