
Though my new life as Treyson's boob slave is uneventful, Trevor still has a load of adventures. As most of you know, I married a man who likes cows. (Yes, we're still wondering how that occurred). Right now is the busiest time of the year for them due to all the heifers (new moms) calving and then moving all the cows to grass (they eat grass through the summer).
Trevor is such a trooper trying to balance THIS new mom with all the cow new moms. Both of us have no idea what we're doing.Yesterday morning, bright and early at 6am, Trevor left to help a heifer calve. He arrived, only to find the calf was coming out head and ONE leg first. Calves can only be delivered with TWO legs out first. (Sort of a dive out). Trevor had to PUSH the calf back in the mom; however, when he tried, he realized the calf's HEAD was too SWOLLEN. It had been sticking out and stuck so long, it swelled up. There was no way to push the calf back in. The calf and mom were both going to die so Trevor was left with only one option.
He had to SAW the calf's head OFF while it was sticking out of the mom's vagina.
THEN, he had to push the headless calf's BODY back in the mom, and pull it out feet first. THEN to save the poor heifer, Trevor stuck sleeves of ice up the cow.
Needless to say, the clothes he wore that day are now in the trash.
And he loves this.
15 educated comments:
does it make me wussy that this post makes me want to throw up in my mouth?
trevor is one brave guy.
Oh my gosh. I'm not sure to think, "Poor Trevor" OR to think, "My sweet daughter has married Hannibal Lector!" Yuk. Double yuk. This is too much reality.
Sad!! I'm going to be a vegetarian now... haha. Yah right.
Ewwww! What a guy. I always thought when I married James he was going to move me away to some ranch far far away. So far We've stayed put and it looks like it will be for a while. But Trevor got you out right off the bat! I just don't let James see these posts because he would be jealous! Not many people in this world would be jealous of this post but I think he would. Yuck!
sad :( That does not sound fun.
Seriously? He really had to cut the head off? While it was still alive? Wow... I didn't know that was an option...
I watched Ryan, Ryan, Patton and my Dad cut the head off of a moose once... but at least they shot it dead first...I am still in wow mode.
oh my heavens. that's really, really sad. I hope at least the mom survived. And i hope trevor isn't traumatized.
I remember the first time I saw Mark's family helping heifers calf. I couldn't believe the things they are not afraid to do. It's a whole different world out on the ranch!
Wow! Gross. For a second I thought that picture was "photoshoped". Your poor husband.
Oh my gosh that is so sad. I watched a calf born once and it was pretty crazy. Your little boy is so cute. I like to here what other new moms have to say about this whole new experiance. I have had several similarities. Sometimes they just don't want to eat or sleep and you wonder what to do with them.
omg, that is so, so sad. :(
btw--trey is just precious.
#1 I thought that was a picture of Trevor head first in a heifer for a sec.
#2 Maybe this picture will put things into perspective for moms and future moms... sure doesn't look like the heifer is screaming or drugged up, she just looks uncomfortable and dealing with any pain just fine. No wonder Trev didnt think you needed any prep classes. Its easy and natural and every pregnant female mammal experiences labor!;)
kp/jk:)
I'm speechless. Seriously, no words.
I would suffer nightmares for eternity after having to saw off the little baby cow's head...poor Trevor! That baby you two made though is pretty spectacular and cute though :)
Post a Comment