Saturday, April 26, 2008

Friday Night Dates

Some of my best memories of my college years were the dating escapades. I was a HUGE fan of dating. I think it's more my deep desire to meet as many interesting people as life might allow - but it could be the fact I didn't have to buy groceries for 3 months at a time. It's not shallow ...it's "utilizing your resources" and BYU co-eds have a LOT of resources.


In the past 1.5 years, my dating pool went from the greater metropolis of UTAH and SLC valley, to one man. Trevor John Roche. No complaints there.


What impressed me so much about Trevor when we first started dating (besides his incredible maturity, work ethic, etc) was how he REALLY knew how to treat a girl. I had dated every guy/age/occupation under the sun, but here was this 22 year old guy who REALLY knew how to date. He wasn't into the "corny" BYU dating - which I find utterly lame; however, he was still creative and impressive.




Our first date? (Thanks to Corrine..haha) Trev ordered about 5 dishes. So maybe he was showing off a little (wining and dining), but how can a girl complain? Our whole dating experience was a whirlwind - weekend trips/wonderful resteraunts. Heaven. (Minus the additional poundage added to my inner thigh)


Then, the marriage talk began. TRevor's "investor" side came out. Money was saved. Dinner out became a rarity and if it did occur, Costa Vida burritos were split. We dated for nearly a year in this fashion.


Now we are married. AFter a long day with hormonally driven teenagers, Trev told me to "dress up" because we were going out. My excitement sky rocketed. Dressing up is a rarity when cows and subsequently, cow crap are everywhere. Trev came home, got ready and we were off.


Long story short? Our date was to yours and my favorite wholesaler - COSTCO for a $1 polish and Diet Coke in a cute summer dress and heels.

Apparently, the wining and dining has ceased.




I really do love him. His simplicity and financial intelligence are a blessing in my life.

8 educated comments:

Kelly said...

hahaha... that is my favorite story EVER! oh man.. Costco is great isnt it?

Liz said...

wait till you have babies!! ;)

Lacey said...

I totally agree with previous comment. Wait till the babies come. The first one, you'll get the sympathy and getting taken care of and all but the ones after, you are on your own. At least, that's how it is for me. Hopefully not for you!

Lacey said...

That sounded really bad, I love my husband so much and he is a great man. I really do admire how intelligent he is but when it comes to diaper duty, he is nowhere to be found.

Rachel Hagen said...

i'm a huge fan of costco polish dogs. Benjamin and i would make it a saturday tradition to go there. eat a meal, and walk around. weird, but fun

Steph said...

I want to see YOU in that cute summer dress. We'll be in Idaho at the end of May (Memorial Day weekend)--will we be able to see you?? :)

Drew and Kat said...

We go on Costco dates too!!! I just know that this will all pay off, and in like 15 years Trev will be rolling it in, and he will be back to his whining and dining self like never before, and you will be spoiled rotten, ha! =) I remember him telling me how much money there is in those stinky cows, sheesh!

Carly said...

Oh my gosh! How did you know? That is our favorite date these days. Our family trip to Costco! Who can beat a $3.00 date right!