Teaching story of the day:
I explained to my class of 8th graders that we would be playing a game that day with vocabulary words and whomever got the most answers correct, would get a treat.
Student 1: "What's the treat?"
A certain confident, outspoken Hispanic student (whom I really do find wonderful) : "It better be Mrs. Roche's number."
I quickly responded with. "Carlos (not his real name). That is inappapropriate. First of all, it's disgusting bc I am a teacher. Second of all, if you get any number, it will be my husbands who will deal with you quite differently. You see, he doesn't like other guys hitting on his wife."
Days like this, I really don't want to start teaching til I'm 40. Maybe I should have taught first grade, pre-hormonal influx.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
OH the cute little junior highers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 educated comments:
yeah i think my mom was praying that i would get the younger grades for my new teaching job for the same reason.
Post a Comment