Maybe I'm a big loser for posting on our blog at 3am, but there's not many people awake at 2am to talk to, and not much to do either. Plus, it's theraputic for me. :)
I'm just sitting here in an awesomely comfortable chair staring at Treyson and watching his oxygen monitor. Any time the numbers drop below 90, a ridiculous beeping noise starts. He's trying so hard to get good air, but everything is so clogged up, he can't. He just wheezes, snorts and coughs. He can't get great sleep as a result. I can hold him, but he gets mad because he's so hooked up to different monitors and there are so many tubes.
Found out we probably won't be able to go home till 1) they can stop deep suctioning him 2) he can be off oxygen day/night for 24 hours. Of course, my greatest concern is Trey, but I have to be honest and admit the looming medical bills are always in the back of my mind. u.g.h.
This could be a long haul, but I keep praying and realizing how little faith I really have. I've decided Trey and I are just too young for this.
I've also decided Trevor is a rock star. AND, I've decided, I'm really tired. Go and kiss your healthy babies and thank God you are doing a 3am feeding instead of a 3am "check if he's breathing."
Time to suck some boogers. bastards.
(sorry mom.)
Thursday, March 26, 2009
3am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 educated comments:
Hang in there baby. I love you even if you do use bad words in public, in writing!
Oh girlie I'm so sorry! We are praying for him and I hope he gets doing better so soon! I can't even imagine what you guys are going through. You are such a good momma. Hang in there! Your post made me want to cry. I feel so bad for the little guy. It's good he has good care looking after him and a good mom and dad by his side. I'll keep checking for updates.
I will be grateful for my 12, 3, and 6 a.m. feeding. I hate that beeping that starts when the level drops below 90! You must be so tired. Do you have an out of pocket max for your medical bills? Mike and I thought about the same thing but since we were maxed out, we couldn't accumulate any more we were like "what the heck, go to the dr as much as we want since we've already hit the max!"
I hope you have beds there to sleep in or something. I'm so sorry...thinking of you!
Andrea, so sorry to hear that it's been so rough. Having been through the whole NICU thing, I feel like we understand just a little bit what it's like, so I know it's hard. Hope that the little guy improves. We'll be thinking of you guys...
You actually can call me anytime! I will most likely be up and ready to talk to! I was up last night, and bored! Everyone else was sleeping! Good-luck with everything and if you need ANYTHING let us know. We miss you.
Oh Andrea,
After reading through your blog I just broke down and cried. I can't believe you guys have to go through this. You're right, you are too young to have such a big burden put on your shoulders. But, I also know that you and Trevor are unbelieveably stong and you will pull through this in no time!!! All three of you are in my thoughts and prayers....
Love,
Nikki
Post a Comment