Treyson has RSV.
My nightmare come true.
He won't stop crying. neither will his mom.
He can't stop coughing.
He's on 24/7 monitoring. If his condition shows no improvement/worsens, we are hospital bound.
Please pray for our little guy and his little respiratory system.
I'm not so good at this mommy stuff. if anyone has had experience with this, please contact me. I'm pretty scared.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Diagnosis from Hell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 educated comments:
In our prayers. My nephew had RSV when he was real little as well. Now he is doing great. Good thing you listened to your motherly instincts and got him to the doctor. You are a good mom!
Oh Andrea! I am so sorry! The poor little guy...He will be tough though, that I know! I have no advice as I would be more clueless than you in the situation, and just as scared for sure! I will keep you little family in our prayers!
I'm so sorry, how scary. We'll keep you both in our prayers.
I will be praying for you. I know that health problems for a loved one are scary enough, but for your own helpless little baby it must be even more intense. Love to you!
So I was at primary childrens my last semester of nursing school taking care of a lot of kids with rsv. So I thought I would try to ease the anxiety a little if you have to take treyson to the hospital.
Seriously all they would probably do is suction him out with a little tube, maybe give him some albuterol(opens up his airways) through a oxygen mask, and possibly give him fluids through an iv if he can't get fluids down (but if he's eating fine now I'm sure they wouldn't even do that).
They will just monitor his o2 sats & look for retractions just to make sure everything is ok.
So I guess what I'm saying is rsv can be very manageable. Anyway, we will pray for you and treyson. You're a great mom! Just keep bulb suctioning him.
hey pretty. We will pray for you. I am sure he will be ok because my best friends little girl just had it and my sisters little girls just had a small case of it. My friends girl was in the hospital for over a week but she did just great! If it does go as far as needing to go to the hospital, dont fret. The Lord is on your side. If you want my sister or my friends email, they would be happy to talk you through what they went through. Love you girl.
There are lots of bad stories about RSV. Those are the ones you hear about. What you don't tend to hear are all of the ones that work out to be fine. I can guarantee those far outweigh the ones that don't.
You say that you have no idea what you are doing. I talked to your mom... she said that you knew right away that something was wrong. Because of that Treyson is going to be just fine. You are a very good mom. Treyson is in good hands. You will take care of him better than anyone else can. Trust that.
Chloe :) will always be in good hands when she comes to visit. I already know that. No doubts whatsoever. I don't think I could say that for many people. Seriously.
Oh dear Andrea, I'm so sorry. Ya'll are in our prayers.
praying for you BIG time. get better soon little treyson. mucho love.
I am so sorry! This is definately a yucky time of year for these little babes. It seems like half our patient's at the hospital are these sick little babies. You're right, it's way harder on momma than baby! Don't forget to exercise the priesthood...it's an awesome blessing. Other suggestions you might not have tried (I haven't read everyone's comments): put a pillow under his crib sheet to prop him up at night, use a humidifier with a cool mist, and if you need to enclose the crib with a sheet and keep the humidifier in there. It creates a sort of "croup tent." Poor baby, there's really not much you can do for baby's coughs. I'm suprised they didn't give you a nebulizer though. We'll keep you in our prayers!
I'm so sorry he has RSV. That is one of my biggest fears when i have a little baby. I'm sure he will be fine. It is so scary though. I feel for you.
andrea, i'm so sorry. like most people have said, you ARE a good mom for taking him in and following your intuition. i have a friend who's little girl had RSV when she was a baby, even had to be in the hospital for a while, and now that little girl is a beautiful, 100% healthy 5 year old. good luck and i'll be praying for you!
Ugh so sorry. Tof cried ALL day yesterday so I'm probably going to take him in to get him checked out too. They are just too little for sickness!!! My brother's little one had rsv if you want me to have her call ya.
I'm sorry hon! I will pray for Trey and you both! Good luck you will do great!
Hey I'm a friend of Jessica Vallem (Hedgepeth) and I totally blogstalk you and I think you are so cute. I saw this and I had to post a comment! My daughter contracted RSV at 6 weeks old and had it for 3 months solid. She was never "hospitalized" but we had to go to the lab every other day in the emergency room and they would put a catheter down her nose and suction out her lungs. A couple of good tips we used to break up the congestion and help them sleep is 1) swaddle him and then take him outside at night when it's really cold. It sounds backwards but it works. 2) We would wrap up my daughter in a towel and take her in a hot steamy shower with us and that's how we got her to sleep almost every night. If you don't want to get wet just turn on the shower as hot as it goes and turn your bathroom into a steam room. It really helps to break up the congestion and soothe their coughing. 3.) When my daughter did finally fall asleep we had to have her almost completely sitting up so we had a wedge pillow in her bed and on really bad nights we would put a blanket in her carseat and she would sleep sitting up in the carrier. Sorry this is so long since you don't even know me but It brought back a lot of memories from when she was sick. My daughter is now 3 years old and although she is extremely prone to colds and coughs a lot she is mostly healthy and happy. Although I must say that all pictures from the time that she was sick have been burned! Just plan on being tired for a while and you're lucky that you only have one baby so you can focus on getting him better and sleep when he sleeps. Don't worry about cleaning the house while he's asleep because the mess will be there tomorrow! Also I just remembered we heard an old wives tale that actually seemed to work. It goes that you put vicks vapor rub on their feet and then put socks on and that supposedly helps the congestion also put on his chest and back. They make a baby kind. It makes me so sad to hear about sick little babies. It is so hard but you'll make it through. Just rest whenever you can! Sorry this is so long!
Kimberly Bishop
Sorry girl! He's in our prayers! You too!
P.S. My niece and nephew twins got it last winter and they are very healthy one year olds! Keep your head up!
i demand an update. as one of your most faithful readers i feel you owe it to me. :) i'm sort of kidding but mostly serious. please tell me he's doing alright! i've been praying non stop like a crazy person. outfit is from gap, isn't it cozy? and i have no idea why he is in the small percentile but looks so chunk. what a guy.
Andrea...you are a good mom! RSV can be scary, but it sounds like you caught it early and are on top of things! Hang in there!!
This is Andrea's mom in Kansas City. Trey is in the hospital. From what I understand, they have suctioned his lungs and given him a breathing treatment but cannot keep his levels up on his own. He is on oxygen. Her camera photos look pitiful. Keep Trey and mom and dad in your prayers. She might enjoy a text of encouragement. Thanks.
I'm praying for your family!
Poor little Trey.
Everyone is still in our prayers! Thanks for the update.
Post a Comment