Figured this was the fastest way to update EVERYONE.
Treyson is in the hospital. I noticed a slight change in his breathing early morning and took him right into the doctors at 8am. They noticed his oxygen levels were not where they should be and very irratic. The doctor came in around 9am, checked Trey out and sent us to St Lukes Hospital in Boise.
We have been here all day.
Treyson is doing okay. He's been hooked to oxygen all day. On the oxygen, he's breathing just fine. When they take him off, especially when sleeping, his levels are just too low. In addition, they are giving him breathing treatments and suctioning his nose/throat and have him on EKG.
We'll be here at least overnight, but there's no telling when he'll show improvement and be able to breathe on his own.
He's slept all day. ALL day. The suctioning is about the worst thing I've ever seen. You think 2 months SHOTS are bad??!?!? HA! I have to leave the room and even Trevor thinks it's awful to see. I had to go to the bathroom because I thought I was going to puke.
A lot of people have wanted to see pictures, but I'm not posting any. Honestly, I don't want to remember this. Sorry....He looks AWFUL. His eyes are red and swollen. He's pale. Theres a million tubes hooked up to him. He doesn't talk. Doesn't cry. Just lays (lies?) there and looks comatose. Coughing.
People keep asking how I am doing. I'm surviving. I've felt a lot of peace during all this thanks to a lot of prayer. Trevor and I are EXHAUSTED - emotionally and physically after the last few nights awake, watching Trey. We're dreading more hospital bills - though of course, it's worth any amount of money. We're trying to stay positive and reflect on the many blessings of this situation.
We caught his RSV early. We have an almost 12 lb. 7 week old baby and not a little week old baby. I get free milkshakes here since I'm a nursing mom. The breast pump they have here is AMAZING. I have amazing friends and family who send presents (thanks again Jenna and Q) and call and shower us with love. We have made new friends through this experience in the wierdest ways. We truly KNOW our family will be together forever. no matter WHAT happens.
We know Treyson is getting the best care possible and we believe he will be fine.
My whole life has changed so drastically in the past 7 weeks. This experience is the greatest trial I've ever gone through. I've struggled with "feeling" like a real mom since Treyson was born, and now I feel the greatest burden as his mother. Please pray for the little guy. I have no doubt, with enough prayers, Treyson will fully recover into the happy active baby he is.
We love you all!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Updates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 educated comments:
Glad to know he is getting the treatment he needs. At least you know he is being taken care of. Our prayers are with you.
I'm so sorry your little guy has to go through this. I hope he gets feeling better really soon. You are a strong cookie. And you guys will make it through.
oh man, i am so sorry. All three of you will be in our prayers. We love you.
Oh......I love you Drea!!! I'm definitely praying for your little family. Thanks for being so strong and a great example! Be sure to keep us updated!
I'm sick. I seriously am crying. What can I do? Please tell me! You are all in our prayers!!
Been prayin for you guys today. You are an inspiration of faith!! Hang in there. I can't imagine how exhausted you must be. We will keep prayin for ya!
And yes, I was an EFY counselor too. LOVED it! We'll have to chat about it.
Andrea, I am so sorry with everything you are going through. I know it's comforting that he is getting the help he needs, but I also know how tiring and emotionally draining it is being in the hospital as I was with Colton for 3 days. What a blessing that you caught it early. You are in good hands with the doctors, and more importantly you are in the Lord's hands. I'm sure everything will turn out fine.
I know with all the beeping and tests and nurses etc you aren't getting any sleep. I'm so sorry! We will be thinking about you and praying for you!
Post a Comment