Thursday, March 26, 2009

Another Day at Beautiful St Lukes

Not much as changed, but he DID smile this morning -which was huge for him. A nurse bathed him and I spiked his hair and dressed him and it made me feel happy. We are so blessed for the simple fact he is EATING. Most RSV babies won't eat and they need IV's.
I slept in a rocking chair some of the night and once, woke up to his monitor alarm. I looked at the screen before I looked at him and it was red and blinking with the words "APNEA", I about died. But the little man was indeed, alive and kicking (literally). His monitor just came loose. Imagine that scare!
Trevor went to work today after being up all night. That man is seriously hard core. Treyson is sleeping a ton so I'm enjoying the beautiful scenery of the hospital room. i'm tired.i smell funny. i look like crap. i don't care.
No word on when we can go home. We wait till he can breathe on his own and doesn't need deep suction. Deep suction involves a long cathedar being stuck up his nose and down his throat and SUCKING while he chokes, coughs, screams and mom holds him down. AWESOME.
Our goal is to rack up a million dollars in hospital bills. Just for fun. Then, I'm going to send them to Obama to bail me out. I'm ordering the free food every 5 minutes. You better believe I'm getting my money's worth! If anyone ever comes to this hospital, consult me about the menu. I know what's good and what's not.

SAD NOTE: I was talking to a nurse today about the fact that there are babies here NOW and many all the time who have to stay here alone. Either their parents don't want to stay, or can't stay with them. These little babes are ALL ALONE and experiencing a lot of pain/stress. I cried after she told me. I want to go hold these babes, but I can't risk TRey getting something else. If you have the time or means, what a great experience. She said they LOVE volunteers to come and help bc the nurses just don't have the time to hold them as they deserve.

14 educated comments:

Cathy said...

Ok seriously, that made ME cry. Hang in there. Your optimistic attitude and faith are inspiring. Oh yea, and what's more pathetic...you posting at 3 am or me reading it at 4:45. I win.

Anonymous said...

I've been behind on my blog reading for the past couple days. I was really sad to hear that trey is in the hospital! I can't imagine what that would feel like-- just having to watch him suffer. I do know what its like to fear medical bills though. We don't have any insurance right now and with landon's lung problems its always scary. I hope he gets better soon and you all get to go home. I'll be thinking and praying about you.

Becky said...

you are one GREAT mommy! trey is lucky that you caught everything early. sure hope things get to improving soon. give him a big kiss from me and adeline.

Tim and Jennifer said...

I used to volunteer at a hospital in high school and that was all I did, hold sick little babies whose parents couldn't be with them. I often cried too. What a blessing that you are able to be there as you know that touch is so important at this stage of life. Thanks for the updates. Trey is a fighter and so are you!

jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Ponder said...

crying.

Andrea, because of your vigilance and committment to follow your instincts and that still small voice, you sought medical care immediately. Trey is going to sail through this because of you. I'm so glad you did not listen to your mother (me) when she tried to tell you "it was nothing". You are an amazing woman.

And I will send your bills to Mr. Obama. I hear he's answering emails personally now.

J & J said...

you're doing a great job, andrea. and you ARE a GOOD mom---you say that you aren't and that you don't know what you're doing, but look at you...you are doing exactly what any mom would do--love, pray, and care for their baby. give yourself some credit for being stronger than you thought you were. screw the medical bills...they'll get taken care of, one way or another. i'm praying for treyson AND for you.

try to smile.

Mallory said...

Oh my goodness, how scary. What a great mom you are to have caught it early and to be there with him through it all. We'll be praying for Trey's swift recovery.

H and E said...

Wow what a scary time for you. I want you to know i am thinking of you and your family. You are a very strong person. I could not imagine going through that. Trey is lucky to have you as a mom!

Rachel Hagen said...

You guys are awesome. My mom actually goes and holds babies at hospitals. She had seven kids and wishes she had four more. I should probably do that too. Ya'll are in our prayers.

Angela and Mike said...

It is so sad that those little babies are there with no one. When we were at the hospital, there was a little baby there with no one and he was just crying and crying. It broke my heart! I'm glad Trey has you and Trev. Hang in there. I hope he keeps getting better.

Steph said...

I haven't checked your blog in a few days...and now, all of these big updates!--Your little family is in our prayers.

Lindsey S. said...

You are so strong! Smiles are always the best when they are feeling down. They are so reassuring. (Spell?)

And sad about the lonely babies. That makes me want to go hold everyone right now!

jenna said...

they have the same paci?! how cute!! i should have known you would own that :) picture was TOTALLY staged. he took the thing for like thirty seconds. oh well, it's cute.
...
tell me you watched grey's last night? all MY dreams came true.
...
love and kisses to trey!